Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't download Spotify to my iphone

Solved!

I can't download Spotify to my iphone

I can't download the spotify app to my iphone 4. When I go through app store on my phone, I can see the app but the 'install' button is not there. There is nothing instead, just an empty space.

I've tried connecting my phone to my computer and download the app through itunes so I could syncronise it and thereby install on my phone, it simply isn't working. I can see the spotify app on my homesccreen when I manage the apps via itunes, but its not appearing on my phone.

What do I do?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Have you tried restarting your device by holding the home and lock buttons together until the Apple Logo appears on screen? 

Its also worth making sure there are no restrictions on your device active in iOS Settings > General > Restrictions. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

12 Replies

I don't suppose it shows if you move it to a different screen in itunes? What version of iOS are you on?

Marked as solution

Have you tried restarting your device by holding the home and lock buttons together until the Apple Logo appears on screen? 

Its also worth making sure there are no restrictions on your device active in iOS Settings > General > Restrictions. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Ahh - the restrictions! That's what the problem was - I disabled them all and then it worked.

Thank you for the help! Much appreciated.

Hi Peter,

I am having the same issue with there being no install button in the app for spotify on my iphone (v7.1)...I've checked my restrictions and seems that all should be fine but I still can't install the app.

Do you have any other ideas or suggestions for this newbie?

many thanks

I get a message to verify my account I paid through PayPal on my laptop but it won't verify my info so I can download the app on my iPhone 5

I'm so annoyed been at this for hours someone please help...

Dear Spotify Community,

I am trying to download to my iphone the Spotify app that it is in the aircloud in the appstore. When I click it to dowload, the icon does react and, of course, I do not get the app in my phone. I have already re started and check there are no restriccions. Any other suggestion?

Thanks

Não consigo fazer o download do app Spotify para o meu Iphone 4 v. 7.1.2
Primeiramente ele pede para que eu autorize uma versão um pouco mais antiga por causa do meu IOS e logo após diz que não pode instalar o Spotify no momento!

Alguém pode me ajudar por favor??????
image.jpg

Come on, let's skip the standard IT department responses. Is there a real fix? 

I've got the same problem! The cloud logo is there because I've previously had it downloaded but it won't download if you click it only the logo disappears and re appears but doesn't begin installing. Checked restrictions turned phone off and on and tried downloading over wifi and mobile data neither works... Help please!!!

Have the same problem

There does not appear to be a solution.

Any solution to this, because this has happened on my husbands iphone as well.  Everytime we try to download the app and ente apple id etc, it says "INSTALL" then nothing.  Reverts back to the starting point.  very frustrating as we have premium and he cannot even access the app.

Suggested posts