I can't log onto my spotify iPhone app

Solved!

I can't log onto my spotify iPhone app

mrojas527
Casual Listener
I'm having trouble logging onto my Spotify account through my iphone app. I keep getting a message that my user name or password is wrong. I have changed my password twice. Anyway to get the issue resolved?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

meahtenoha
Spotify
Spotify

Hey all, it's been some time since anyone commented here but as the page is getting views from users, we want to confirm if anyone else is having this issue signing into their Spotify iOS app?

If so please try a clean reinstall first to be sure you're on the latest Spotify iOS app. 

If you continue to get this message please post below with these details:

• Your device
  • Device's operating system
  • Spotify app version

Thank you!

View solution in original post

206 Replies

Ramzan

**bleep** Thank you 

lapthorn54

Thanks - that works

vwbloke

This, thank you. It was driving me nuts

Liatush
This was very helpful! thanks! 🙂

johnbaradaran
Casual Listener

Mate you're a legend. I literally kept trying to log in to my account for days with the registerred EMAIL ADD. Meanwhile its just the username you need. Thanks Lad. 

acceleratorlive
Casual Listener

Hero!

billstone4
Casual Listener
THANK YOU!

lowiyeah

THANK IT HELPS.....

alittleton

Thanks, can't believe I didn't notice that.  It's a bug anyways but I finally got logged in!

capt1
Casual Listener

YEAH I CALL THAT A BUG!!!

SO MANY PEOPLE HAVING SAME ISSUE.  

I could not log in with app after trying so many vartiations of what my password might of been.  Ended up reseting password and still failed to login.  Realised I could login web site, so concluded there was a glitch with app.  Deleted app, re-installed and what, it still doesn't work!  So ended up coming here.      Who would of thought you could log in one way on the web and not use the same login credentials on the app? If someone intentially designed app to work that way I call it a big oversight,  but as far as I'm concerned it's a bug that should be fixed.  Or does the dev team not listen to these threads?

capt1
Casual Listener

You can't be serious spotify guys?! 

I vented about this one year ago asking if anyone at spotify was actually reading these threads and listening.   Yet here we are PAGES and PAGES later on this one single thread (I wonder how many others there are too), with other people suffering with exactly the same problem.  With me still be notified by email about this thread and everyone trying to solve the issue that was solved a year ago.  Of course nobody scrolls back through all those pages.

Surely someone can addess this bug.   Clearly it's an easy fix (to use same authentication methods on the web browser versus the app) and should be fixed.   Either allow both to use a username/email, or one or the other. But causing such frustration for so many people is needless. 

yichiariel

worked for me as well, thank you so much!!!!! big help

Lynford

I have reset password heaps. We have 2 spotty accounts that use the same email. One on Premium and one free for the kids. When we try to reset the premium account it will only give us the free account even though we put in the premium user name. Nearly tearing my hair out

Jen9200
Casual Listener

I am having same issue

Don-0
I can't log to change password.
I have used email and username, followed link, input new pw. I get a reply my form has timed out??!!

Edwar1138
Worked for me too!

user-removed
Not applicable
Thanks a ton!

Cori54331
Casual Listener
I had same problem and could not figure it out, I tried everything. That worked for me as well. THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!
SUGGESTED POSTS