I can't log onto my spotify iPhone app

Solved!

I can't log onto my spotify iPhone app

mrojas527
Casual Listener
I'm having trouble logging onto my Spotify account through my iphone app. I keep getting a message that my user name or password is wrong. I have changed my password twice. Anyway to get the issue resolved?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

meahtenoha
Spotify
Spotify

Hey all, it's been some time since anyone commented here but as the page is getting views from users, we want to confirm if anyone else is having this issue signing into their Spotify iOS app?

If so please try a clean reinstall first to be sure you're on the latest Spotify iOS app. 

If you continue to get this message please post below with these details:

• Your device
  • Device's operating system
  • Spotify app version

Thank you!

View solution in original post

206 Replies

Mentazm
Casual Listener

Thanks sorted it now

Bittencourt
Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21

You're welcome @Mentazm.

Let me know if you need further help.

BittencourtRock Star 21
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

etlcohen
Casual Listener
THANK YOU!!!!

Wow I was gonna kill them. I was locked out for 4 days. Driving without normal music. Spotify needs to get a toll free number. Next time I'm just switching to Apple Music.

Bittencourt
Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21

You're welcome @etlcohen,

Let me know if I can help you with any thing else 🙂

BittencourtRock Star 21
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

etlcohen
Casual Listener
Actually your answer didn't help me, it was lalalalalalala's answer I read. They just want you to log in using your USERNAME NOT EMAIL

SamThake

Thank you .... Spotify should make this clearer, I was about to cancel and go to Apple Music. 

mariesowden

okay thank you

Torben1
Yes. Had the same problem. The bad UI part is the error message. It is misleading, Spotify pls change it.
It says something like 'you have already created an account with this email adress'...

tresemmeslaught
I cant log inti my spotify

SoupBone
Casual Listener

I've been pulling my hair out over this for an hour. Thanks for the fix. It's absurd that Spotify isn't more clear on that as so many sites ask for username when almost all are an email address. Should fix this.

billstone4
Casual Listener
Yup!

amablegonzalez7
I need you to send me a temporary password

andrewbecker
Can't get Spotify premium to take money off my Apple Store credit. I have over 30 dollars on there and it won't let me listen to music without commercials. Plus it won't allow me to login after I logged out now I'm trying to login again and it won't allow me to do it. Plz help thanks

Itssubrat
Perfect. It was ditto for me. Thanks for saving the day

jcechman
Casual Listener

Hi,

just one thing to add.. the username is CASE SENSITIVE. I recently got the iphone 7 and when trying to login my phone would automatically capitalize the first letter of username - bad! I was getting the same error you are having (username not recognized, etc.). pay attention to the capitalization of your username.

Hope this helped!

pj--

This sounds so silly and stupid. Wonder why Spotify wouldnt fix something so basic.

Thanks OP for posting the solution.

Ferrytjen
Dang. Such a stupid thing and almost angry can't login to my new iPhone with spotify. And solve by enter ONLY USERNAME NOT email address..thank a bunch

antonioSpl

working, Thanks 🙂

AJ17264
Awesome!!!! Worked thank you

erykah1

Hey, I have tried this and it still doesnt work. I think i will just use another app.

Shawnafid
Casual Listener
I have tried using my username only as well and it still won't let me in. This is ridiculous!!!
SUGGESTED POSTS