Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't log onto my spotify iPhone app

Solved!

I can't log onto my spotify iPhone app

I'm having trouble logging onto my Spotify account through my iphone app. I keep getting a message that my user name or password is wrong. I have changed my password twice. Anyway to get the issue resolved?
206 Replies

I too can't log in to the apps with either my username or email. Web login works fine. Signed up with a student offer and was automatically given a bizarre username. Either way, they don't work on the apps. The solution to "reset password" really doesn't work for me. This account is tied to Hulu as well. I would have to change login on several devices. I expect Spotify to fix their problem.

Same problem. How did you fix yours?

Restarting the phone helped

I have reset password heaps. We have 2 spotty accounts that use the same email. One on Premium and one free for the kids. When we try to reset the premium account it will only give us the free account even though we put in the premium user name. Nearly tearing my hair out

all my songs are gone. I logged in using my username but a new password but no

@mrojas527 wrote:
I'm having trouble logging onto my Spotify account through my iphone app. I keep getting a message that my user name or password is wrong. I have changed my password twice. Anyway to get the issue resolved?

I have downloaded the app but when I click to log in nothing happens I keep clicking on it but nothing happens 

Hi there. I cannot logon to my Spotify premium account through the browser on my phone but not the app. Urgent. Please help!

I am having same issue

I got my username and password correct but it keeps stopping on "logging in" and nothing more
but on the official website I logged in and everything is ok but NOT IN THE PHONE APP
What to do?:(

Still not ok. I have same problem with android app and windows app... I can log into web acount but login with email into android or windows app not working. Only possible with username instead of email. *boooo*.

Download the app again

When you are trying to log in with your iPhone app use the beginning of your email and leave the (@emailsubscribed.com) out of it. So just use the beginning. 

I got sign out of the app then I try to login back in it said password wrong .i change the password and stil wont work .It only work on the wepsite to login but not the app

3 years later, still a 'bug' or 'development flaw'.

You'd think they would fix these sort of things when they are discovered?

Hi

i had the same problem but just updated my app & entered my email address & password & it worked!

These solutions do not work for me. I tried the first part of my email, my full email, my official username (wtzb....) generated by Spotify, my Profile name. I reinstalled, rebooted, changed wifi networks, checked the Spotify status twitter, burned sage, and crossed my fingers. In various combinations.  I can log in on the desktop, but not on the iPhone.

Never mind--repeated attempts finally worked.

Unable to log in ?

This is the case for the Android app as well - had the exact same issue re logging in. Tried username instead of e-mail and it worked, though the label did say "username OR e-mail". Spotify need to get their developers on to this as it's very frustrating.

Suggested posts