Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't log onto my spotify iPhone app

Solved!

I can't log onto my spotify iPhone app

I'm having trouble logging onto my Spotify account through my iphone app. I keep getting a message that my user name or password is wrong. I have changed my password twice. Anyway to get the issue resolved?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey all, it's been some time since anyone commented here but as the page is getting views from users, we want to confirm if anyone else is having this issue signing into their Spotify iOS app?

If so please try a clean reinstall first to be sure you're on the latest Spotify iOS app. 

If you continue to get this message please post below with these details:

• Your device
  • Device's operating system
  • Spotify app version

Thank you!

View solution in original post

206 Replies

Hello!

Have you tried a clean install? You can follow the instructions here to do that. Also, are you able to login everywhere else?

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

I can log onto the website, just not the app.

Are you logging in with exactly the same credentials? If your account is linked to facebook, you need to log in with your facebook credentials and will need the facebook app installed on your mobile.

i have the same problem

Can login in spotify webpage but cannot login in iphone and ipad app

Please help

Hey guys! We are currently looking into this problem.

We will post back when we get more information. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Reset password go to the online version log in update profile information update current password and then go log in on the app.

The issues with logging in should be pretty much sorted, if there's other problems you guys are having just let us know
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

I'm unable to log on via iOS on iPad. Log on via web is ok. I have reset password and problem persists. I've reinstalled the app and problem persists. Don't know what to do anymore...

@solccs 

I suggest you contact support so they can take a look at your account and help you with this:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have never such poor working app as I have seen with spotify! Pure crud and even worse on doid and real bad on my iphone. Save your self the aggrevation and just use pandora atleast it works!

@mrojas527 wrote:
I can log onto the website, just not the app.

Did not work

Had the same problem but I probably found a solution*:

labels say "username and password"

Although on the webinterface you can type your email and password as well.

But the (iphone) app does not seem to work with email.

I tried to login about 10 times, reset password, uninstalled the app... nothing seemed to work.

But then I took a closer look at the login form labels and tried one last, simple thing.

You have to enter - as the label says - your username and NOT your registered email.

At least this worked for me.

*So it is no technical problem or bug but an interface/usability/user expactation issue 😛

Users don't read ... (me included)

I had same problem and could not figure it out, I tried everything. That worked for me as well. THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!

I have the same problem. I can log in at the spotify webpage on my iPhone via safari, but I can not log in via the app. I've recently changed my password 2 times. The app tells me always that I can't log in, username or password is wrong ... I'm sure it's the right password. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I've cleared the spotify app today without logging out. Then I've installed it again and couldn't log in as mentioned above. Please help me.

Try using user id NOT email address. For me I just removed yahoo.com and I got in app fine.

Thanks a ton!

Same issue iOS 8 app reinstall fixed it.

None of these work for me. Once I hit log in it just sits and nothing happens. Tried all the things above. Glad I didn't pay yet, seems like a junk app to me

worked for me as well, thank you so much!!!!! big help

Suggested posts