Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't reconnect to my LG TV once it's associated to another account

I can't reconnect to my LG TV once it's associated to another account

Hello community,

I've always used spotify on my tv and it's been working just fine.

Recently, a friend of mine came over, and he wanted to put some music on, so he connected his phone to my TV. Since then I couldn't see my tv on the available devices list (We're on the same network since it's my place), I tried everything, I even restarted the router, disconnected TV, aaand Nothing !

So I disconnected my friends account, still couldn't see my tv.

The only option I got left is to log in using the pairing code, and again got connected to my TV. HOWEVER, everytime when I'm listening on my phone and I get home and want to put that music on my TV, I have first to start a song from the TV, then press continue listening on my phone to get them connected and then I can control it from my phone.

2 days ago, another friend (he wasn't aware of my struggle) did  the same thing again and connected his phone to my TV, and the same story again, the same old song and dance, I can't log in.

Why I put this here, is because, all my friends who have a spotify account, when they come over, they can easily see MY TV on "Devices Available", everyone BUT ME.

So if some of you have ever had this problem I will be more than thankful if you help me with this problem.

Thanks in advance

Plan

Premium

Country

France

Device

iPhone 6s,  SMART TV LG

Operating System

iOS 

My Question or Issue

1 Reply

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? Sorry if this may sound a bit repetitive but ifthat doesn't help, could yputry a quick clean reinstall of the app? Just follow these steps. Have you tried using another network connection? Does it happen if your friends sign in to your iPhone wit their accounts? Also, try to reset your phone Settings. Make sure you have installed the latest updates, the latest version for iOS is 11.4.1 and for Spotify is 8.4.67 

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Suggested posts