Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't sync any playlists anymore

Solved!

I can't sync any playlists anymore

Hey guys,

I bought Spotify Premium yesterday and I managed to sync some songs, but now it's just not syncing anymore.

5 or 6 playlists got the green sign but I want to sync more and it just doesn't get the green sign.

It's on my iPhone 4s btw, can anybody help me?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@ar0n412 Welcome to the Spotify Community!

You might want to check by going to iPhone Settings -> general -> usage to see the disk space. Spotify needs at least 1GB of free space to operate.

You should have min 1GB of free space for streaming and if you need to sync playlists, the rough estimate would be 100 songs to 1.4GB.

Furthermore, you will see an icon spinning when syncing and those in a grey download icon beside the track name means its pending sync, and those which are successfully synced will be turned green.

Free Space Math:
If you have to sync about 1,400 songs, it will take at least 3GB to 6GB of disk space on your iPhone.. Do you have enough space?
(You can check for free space via the Settings app -> General -> Usage)

I have synced about 1.3K plus songs and it is using about 4.3GB.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

@ar0n412 Welcome to the Spotify Community!

You might want to check by going to iPhone Settings -> general -> usage to see the disk space. Spotify needs at least 1GB of free space to operate.

You should have min 1GB of free space for streaming and if you need to sync playlists, the rough estimate would be 100 songs to 1.4GB.

Furthermore, you will see an icon spinning when syncing and those in a grey download icon beside the track name means its pending sync, and those which are successfully synced will be turned green.

Free Space Math:
If you have to sync about 1,400 songs, it will take at least 3GB to 6GB of disk space on your iPhone.. Do you have enough space?
(You can check for free space via the Settings app -> General -> Usage)

I have synced about 1.3K plus songs and it is using about 4.3GB.
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Also, each Premium account has a 10,000 offline song limit, spread across 3 devices. This means each device can store 3,333 songs max for offline access.

First of all, thank you for your reply. My reply is kinda late, but I saw what you wrote me.

After a few days of not understanding why it could not sync, I deleted some applications and out of no where it started syncing, so that's when I realised I needed free space, not the exact amount (like what you got in your post) but I understood it.

I bought Spotify Premium a week before I went from the Netherlands (where I live) to Cyprus for holiday and I wanted to listen to music even though I didn't have mobile internet in Cyprus, so that's why I wanted to sync so bad.

I managed to sync many songs, and I had a wonderful holiday.

Thanks a lot!

Glad it worked out for you @ar0n412 and hope your holiday was great! Wow Cyprus must be a dream to be there!
I'm here to shuffle!

Suggested posts