Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I cannot sync my iPhone to spotify

I cannot sync my iPhone to spotify

HI - can anyone tell me how to sync my iphone to spotify? I've plugged it into my laptop and opened spotify, but when I try and log in using the app it says that I need to connect to a computer, and I can't see my phone under devices in the spotify app on my mac. really weird as the phone is plugged in and has synced photos etc... Thanks!

13 Replies

Hello,

You will want to ensure that you're connected to the same Wi-Fi network on both your phone and your computer, and that you're logged in to the same account on both devices. Spotify will also need to be open and in the foreground on your phone too. It should pop up under devices now.
Airhorn Enthusiast

If on windows. Go to Allow a program through windows firewall. Spotify - Check both boxes. It worked for me but not for others. Good luck.

Alright, I have an iPhone 4 i connect my iPhone to my wireless network obviosuly.. and my wired connection is named the same thing.. i would assume they are connected somewhat? ..but everytime i go to devices it doesn't show up?? 

Alright, I have an iPhone 4 i connect my iPhone to my wireless network obviosuly.. and my wired connection is named the same thing.. i would assume they are connected somewhat? ..but everytime i go to devices it doesn't show up?

I tried to figure this out for a while.  If you have 3/4 g you can sync it by going to settings, music quality and at the bottom say sync over 2G/3G.  This will start syncing playlists you have set as available for offline play (they should have a highlighted green down arrow in a circle next to the playlists) then if you set your device to offline mode, you should be able to play them without internet connections.  I'm doing this now and I think it should work. 

I can't sync my iphone to my computer when i click devices on spotify

So I got it to sync but it will only let me listen to radio why can't I download it to my iphone like I can my ipod? Do I need premium to do it? Please help!! 🙂 

@tomipaige wrote:

So I got it to sync but it will only let me listen to radio why can't I download it to my iphone like I can my ipod? Do I need premium to do it? Please help!! 🙂 

You need Spotify Premium to use Spotify on any mobile devices including iPod Touches and iPhones unless you are in the US in which case you can use Spotify Radio on mobile devices for free. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hey - I have a premium account with spotify but can't seem to sync my playlists to my iphone5 to use in offline mode. Everything has synced on my computer and I can listen them offline, but not on my phone.... help ?!

NO worries... just figured it out. As someone said previously, you need to go to settings - music quality - and turn on 'sync over 2G/3G' this will then sync all playlists to listen to in offline mode. 🙂

Yes to all of the above. 

I have an iPhone 5S and I also had to go to my spotify on my computer, in the menu on the upper left, choose Devices and choose to sync music to this device - very much like iTunes. You can sync all, or manage which music you sync. 

It works! *whew*

Thanks for all the advice! 

Y won't my phone connect to my laptop like it did before. It asked me weather I wanted to sync it to my laptop and did it for me

So I have my Spotify in iPhone, how do I sync all of my songs into my spotify Windows? Please help !

Suggested posts