Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I'm a premium user. But I still get ads?

I'm a premium user. But I still get ads?

I am a confirmed premium user but I'm still getting ads.
134 Replies

Hey there!

While Spotify doesn’t play ads that interrupt the music listening experience of Premium subscribers, some podcasts may include advertising, host-read endorsements, or sponsorship messages.

Can you confirm for us if you're getting ads in podcasts or in music?

If you hear ad breaks in your playlists, this would not be expected and we'll try our best to solve it. We'd recommend starting by  logging out > restarting your device > logging back in to sync up your subscription status with your device.

Keep us in the loop here!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am also still getting adds while playing music playlists. I have logged out of all devices and synced my devices again. Very annoying. 

Hey @Popperewski

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Would you mind letting us know if this happens across devices or only on a specific one?

On another note, we suggest that you head over to your Account page and check your log in details and if your Premium subscription is active. If you're logged in to the app with the correct details and you have your subscription active, could you let us know if the ads you're getting are audio or visual ads?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

i have a variation on this problem and wondered if there is a solution. i am a premium subscriber and when i connect my to my speakers via bluetooth there are no ads when i play music. but when i connect via airplay the ads kick in every time. airplay is my preferred route as sound quality is better. can anyone help? 

Hey there @user-removed, 

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community.

Just to confirm, is this happening while you're listening to music or while you're listening to podcasts?

On another note, we suggest that you try logging out and then logging back in to your account on your devices. 

Also, we'd like to know if this happens on multiple devices or only on a specific one. If it only happens on a specific device, could you let us know the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of it?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

thanks for the quick response. i am using an apple iphone 12 pro ios 15.6.1 and an apple ipad mini 5 ipados 15.6……the airplay device i stream through is naim mu-so 2nd generation.  the ads are appearing playing music, i haven’t played podcasts. 

also i have tried logging off several times then logging on but doesn’t help. 

thanks again 

Hey @user-removed, 

Thanks for getting back to us.

That's very odd. Just to confirm, does the same happen when you use Airplay on your other Apple devices or this only happens when using Airplay on your phone? 

On another note, could you ask a friend or a relative to log in to their account on one of your devices and check if the same happens using a different account with Airplay?

We'll be waiting for your reply.

EniModerator

thanks once more for getting back to me….., so here’s a thing - i kept trying to use the airplay set up and this morning it is working with no ads. i wonder if as a new premium user it has taken a few days for this naim device to be ‘recognised’ ? hopefully i am sorted 🤞really appreciate your help 

Hi there @user-removed,

Thank you for your reply and for the provided information.

We're glad to see that everything works as it should for you 🙂

We can confirm that you shouldn't see any ads as a Premium user so if they appear again, would you mind providing us a screenshot of how it looks so that we can have a closer look directly from your end?

Let us know if we can help you with anything else in the meantim.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Agree! I have the same thing happening. 

Hey @LaurPasMonCarSco,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Do you get ads while playing music or podcasts?

It's also important to make sure you're logged in on the right account. Could you check this is the case? Here is how to find out if you have multiple accounts.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Signed up for premium still getting ads and won't let me skip,Signed up for 30 days free does it start after the 30 days. 

Hey @Henryjoe70,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Your Premium starts when you sign up for it, not after 30 days. Free trial is for 30 days and after those days expire, if you wish to continue being premium member, you'll need to add payment method in order to be charged for your subscription. 

On another note, one of the main features of the Premium subscription is the ability to listen to your favorite music Ad-free. By saying that you're still seeing ads, you got us thinking that you might be logged into an account that doesn’t have Premium.

Can you please head to your account page and double check that for us? You should see Premium under Your Plan. If that's not what you're seeing there, you're logged in another account and you'll need to log out and log back in using the e-mail address and password that you've used for subscribing for the trial.

Hope this helps clarify things. We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply!

LyubkaModerator

Hello I am also a Spotify premium user and I also had a podcast interrupted with an ad today. This ad was not host read or endorsed and had nothing to do with the podcast. I have a Xiaomi redmi 5. Thanks. 

In music

Hi @Squeak221 and @Melder!

Could you share a short screen recording which captures this in action so we can investigate further? That way we can get a clear understanding of what's happening on your end.

Make sure also that you're logged in to the right account. You can double--check the subscription status on your account page.

We'll be on the lookout for your replies. Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi there,

Same here. Random adds while playing from Android Mobile device. It doesn't show in the app, you only hear it. Premium subscriber since 5 years or so, very annoyed.

Hey @jelle1989,

In order for us to better understand what exactly is going on, could you post a quick video as @Yordan requested earlier in the thread?

We'll be here if you need help with anything else.

LyubkaModerator

Why do I have to listen to ads during podcasts, if I have a premium account? The user experience is terrible. I pay you, you're responsible for it. You simply cannot walk away from it. 

Suggested posts