I think a Latin person is using my account

Plan:
Premium trial

Netherlands

Device:
iPhone 6s

iOS 11.4

Issue:
This is ruining my experience. I was considering paying the subscription fee after my trial is over but this is such a bad experience that there seems no reason to.

I think someone is trying to use my account at the same time as me, and we are locked in a battle for control. This is unacceptable because my premium account is signed in through my Facebook. Please get in touch with me so we can fix this. I’ve already tried changing my Facebook password but it didn’t work.

Every few minutes I receive a pop up on my phone saying ‘Currently playing on Chrome’ and giving me the option to switch back to my iPhone. I know for a fact that I am not playing on Chrome ANYWHERE. Usually there is some Latin music playing. I do not listen to Latin music, ever. When I continue with the podcast or song I was listening to previously, it will suddenly skip - either to the next song, or to a completely random Latin song.

So someone is trying to steal my account. Possibly someone in a completely different part of the world has somehow managed to access my account. Please help me stop this.

3 Replies

Hey @Ecnu, thanks for writing.

I'm sorry for this. In this case I suggest that you log out everywhere to start fresh with a click of a button. 

1. Log in to your account page.
  2. Click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE

Then reset your password once again and let me know if it helps! 

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

If you think someone is using your account at anytime, log on to a desktop or laptop, click the icon next to your username, click view account, then scroll down and click sign out everywhere. It will take you to the spot where you logged in, then change your password by clicking Forgot Username or Password, change your password to something without your name, or birthday included to prevent this in the future, after that log back into your spotify account and it should be bakc to normal!

Hi Bittencourt,

This didn’t work unfortunately. When I start listening to a song I like, within a few seconds it will skip to a completely random Latin song. Look at the attached screenshot - all my recently played songs are random Latin songs and religious podcasts. I’m not religious. It would be funny if it wasn’t so infuriating. What can I do now? I’m not willing to make a new account because this is my Facebook login.

593ACF4A-0E2C-4E9F-9930-F4F7BCABC713.png

Suggested posts