Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I thought mobile was free

I thought mobile was free

I have an ipod touch second generation and downloaded the spotify app. It worked amazing until tonight when all the music is greyed out and says i need to purchase premium I thought spotify was free on mobile forever?

3 Replies

Sounds like you were using a free trial of premium which has now probably come to an end. Spotify is free on Mobile, but there are some caveats such as you can only 'shuffle play' a playlist or album, you can only skip tracks 6 times in an hour, you cannot download offline playlists etc.

More details and a complete guide of what you can/can't do on Spotify Free for mobiles can be found on the support page here

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

You'll need to have at least Spotify client version 0.9.1 or later to get the mobile free experience on your iOS device, and the Spotify client version 0.9.1 only supports iOS 6 and up, so if you run for example iOS 5 or lower, you should be getting an older version of Spotify if you have previously have had Spotify installed on your device, and that version don't support mobile free.

iPod Touch 2nd gen only supports up to iOS 4. So you'd need a newer device to be able to use our latest client version.

Spotify is free now! 

You can only play music in Shuffle. And can't forward the music. 
My personal opinion is that it's great that it's free. But i used it one day and changed back to premium.

Suggested posts