Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

IOS 11.02 - Bluetooth streaming - Apple Music shuts down spotify.

IOS 11.02 - Bluetooth streaming - Apple Music shuts down spotify.

Hi there. Iphone 7 user here. 

After update to IOS 11.02, every time I connect to bluetooth headset or my car the built in apple music apps stops spotify and starts playing the tunes thats is in my apple music lib. EVERY TIME. 

Shuting down the unit doesent help, as soon as i try to use spotify on bluetooth.. Apple music starts playing 2-3 seconds in. 

7 Replies

I have exactly the same issue. IOS 11.02 in combination with any bluetooth audio device causes a lot of problems when using with Spotify. Futher the music control buttons in the control center won't work with Spotify, a walkthrough is to reboot the iPhone but that's only a solution for a short time after the same problems will occur again. 

Open the apple music app start playing something and close it while it is playing. Solved it for me 

Same - it was driving me mad in the car today - are Apple going to rectify this or is it their way of forcing us to listen to Apple Music!!!

same here

Exactly the same issue with my bluetooth device - Audi A5 with a Tune 2 Air thru iPhone 6. If they have done this to push Apple Music, it’s sneaky and not on... very frustrating. I even deleted Apple Music but then got no music playing at all. After reinstalling, rebooting, resetting network settings it’s better in that it will switch to Spotify when told to, and play, but it does start on Apple Music when you get in the car and it first hooks up. So miffed at Apple for this, as it is either shoddy product testing at best or deceitful intent at worst.

Hey, I resolved mine after googling and it was simply to update the Spotify software. Thankfully Spotify spotted this issue quickly and resolved. It did try once after to go to Apple Music but since then it’s been fine. It’s not good the way Apple did that!!

I have the latest version of spotify / no updates available, and that behavior is still the same. Mildly annoying 😕 

Suggested posts