Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

IOS 5.1.1 Spotify No Longer working

IOS 5.1.1 Spotify No Longer working

I've been using SPOTIFY on IPOD Touch IOS 5.1.1 for years now and it has suddenly stopped working - this is not down to number songs or space. I've uninstalled and re-installed switched the device on / off etc but all I get is that it just keeps trying to connect. Non of the other apps on the device (not that there are that many) have a problem connecting.

Do we know if Spotify now does not work on this version ?

4 Replies

Hey @mej1963,

Thanks for reaching out.

Spotify has stopped supporting their app on iOS 5.1.1. for a long time now. The current minimum iOS version for the Spotify app on the iPod Touch is iOS 9.3.5.

Since your device is below the current system requirements, I'm, unfortunately, unable to provide any help.

Hope this clears things up.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hmm interesting because I tried one last time by switching the device on / off and it started to work again. I still come back to a previous point that if not supported why can you still download from Apple Store. I accept that it won't be enhanced but it would good if what is there keeps working.

hey is there anyway you could help me out? I just found my old iPod touch on iOS 5.1.1 and would love to be able to use it again. Thanks

hey is there anyway you could help me out? I just found my old iPod touch on iOS 5.1.1 and would love to be able to use it again. Thanks

Suggested posts