Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

IOS 8 + Spotify + Runkeeper

IOS 8 + Spotify + Runkeeper

I have been using Runkeeper with Spotify and IOS 7 for a long time without conflicts.  Since upgrading, when runkeeper announces mileage or an advertisement, spotify stops playing (pauses the song).

not sure if it's runkeeper or spotify with the problem, but since it's affecting spotify i thoguth i would start here.

thanks

13 Replies

Hi there,

Welcome at the Spotify Community!

If you're using iOS 8, then I can tell you that lots of users are experiencing problems.

Spotify will fix this in the upcoming updates.

I had the same issue, uninstalling both runkeeper and Spotify, then reinstalling solved the problem for me.

Hi there, running on ios 8.1.3, the latest spotify and runkeeper... and premium account!

When i sellect a playlist it plays for 30 seconds and then stops? Anyone having the same problems?

Having exactly the same problem ๐Ÿ˜ž really frustrating!

I'm not sure yet, but hard reboot my phone... logged out of runkeeper and spotify and now it works!

But it's inside the house haven't tried it outside yet!!!! 

And the problem has returned for me. It seems like it's working fine if you're trying it from a freshly rebooted iPhone (I have an iPhone 5C), but if you have listened to Spotify by itself and later on try Runkeeper, there's a problem. I think the issue is with the RunKeeper app, not Spotify. So my suggestion is flag the issue over there, because this must be a bug at RunKeeper's end.  I filed a ticket with them. I have no issues using the Spotify App so far, but the integration with RunKeeper doesn't work seemlessly.

I still have the same problems again and again. After re-installing both apps it works once, but the next time it crashes again!

Using Spotify premium and runkeeper basic - either on the iphone earbuds or plantronics. It happens both with online streaming and offline playlists...

What can I do? I am not going to re-install both apps every day!

Thanks, Michael from Austria

I'm seeing exactly the same thing, would someone point me in the direction of the solution please? Thanks

Having exactly the same issue...boring.

Very frustrating...

Any updates on this issue? The spotify integration is the only reason I switched from mapmyrun to run keeper...

Same here; Spotify stops playing after about 30 seconds... Very frustrating.

Still a problem for me also.

Suggested posts