Premium

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone)

Operating System

(iOS 14.2)

My Question or Issue

I listen to music/Spotify for virtually 6-8 hours a day.  For the past couple of weeks, the app has regularly crashed about every 2-3 songs.  Today, it continued to do the same thing, and now my Local Files are grayed out and unable to be played.  

NOTHING was done to change any setting whatsoever.  App started to flash off and now unable to play files.

I am unwilling to re-download and replace all the Local Files I have in various playlists in the respective order etc. if I have not done something to mess this up myself.  Clearly other people have voiced concern over the app crashing and issues with the local files.. Why don't you guys (SPOTIFY) just fix the app!!!!

Your only "helpful response" to the recurring problems is "re-install the app" - that is not a solution.  It's an "avoidance to confront the problem" tactic.  

I've paid plenty of money as a Premium Subscriber for years and years...but I have no problem ending that streak today if this app cannot be more reliable.

1 Reply

Hi there @donkeylarry,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Sorry to hear that you're having such issues with the app.

If you don't want to reinstall the app and clear the app data on your device, as a first troubleshooting step, your only option would be to wait for a future update, which might resolve the issue.

We recommend running a clean reinstall of the app as first step in most cases, as a lot of the issues with the app are caused by corrupted files. There are a wide range of device and operating systems that support the app, so it's normal that bugs come up from time to time with new software releases. Going through these seemingly useless troubleshooting steps helps us determine where the issue comes from and offer better solutions if possible.

You can always check out Ongoing Issues section to get informed about any issues that our developers are working on resolving.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts