Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

IOS Newest Version - Annoying Changes to Playback in Newest Version 1.0.0.3251

IOS Newest Version - Annoying Changes to Playback in Newest Version 1.0.0.3251

I love the new look and feel, however, there are a few changes I think Spotify should bring BACK in the newest iOS version:

1.  When you maximize the current song being played to full screen -- They have made it more difficult to perform actions while driving or in general.  Ease of use is key on this app......

-- To minimize the full screen of the song being played, you used to be able to tap the top of the screen...which makes it easy.  Now, you have to tap an X in the top left hand corner.  Bring this back!

-- You used to be able to tap anywhere on the album artwork to bring up the "actions" (share, queue, etc).  Now you have to tap a small button on the bottom right.  Please bring this back!

2.  In the playlist, you see less songs in on the screen.  A little too much space in between the songs.  Needs to be a bit more compact.

Thoughts?

5 Replies

Agreed with "actions" point. Need quicker ability to get to the artist and album at least. Agree also on the closing of the now playing screen. Solution could be a swipe down on the now playing screen to 'dock' the player back to that little bottom bar.

Why are you still ignorant on the fact in adding the EQ?! So many users desire this and requested this, aparently to no avail! Time to cancel my sub and spend my money on a different app. A shame you keep ignoring your users!

The new interface page that shows the current song is **very dangerous** for using it on a phone **while driving**.

I use the song's options a lot while driving (to star a song, etc.). Now, instead of easily touching the big album art image I have to find and correctly touch a super tiny (...) button. 

Like the OP says, this also applies to maximizing or minimizing the song. I prefer the option of some versions ago of swiping down the big art image to minimize it.

For the sake of every Spotify driver's safety, please bring back the ability to access the song's options by simply taping the big album art image, and give us also a safe way to minimize and maximize without having to look closely at the screen.

Unless these crucial design items are brought back, my use of Spotify while driving will be severely limited to just listening to playlists. I don't want to have an potentially deadly car accident.

Hello!

I've moved your topic over here in the iOS section, since it's more a feedback topic than one particular feature request. If you'd like to post your thoughts in the ideas section, please remember to only post 1 request per idea topic - otherwise it's impossible to manage kudos/status, thanks. 😉

I completely agree with your comments!  Please restore access to song options by clicking the album image and easier ability to maximize and minimize the song display!

Suggested posts