IOS Spotify update = TERRIBLE

IOS Spotify update = TERRIBLE

- I can't view my own profile anymore

- I can't search up friends on the update

- I follow friend's playlists because I can't even access their profiles

- I can't edit my playlists anymore

- I can't see which songs are a part of the playlists

= basically the new update is trash 

I need all these features back and the premium tab is annoying and it doesn't alter my decision not to get the premium but it did not make everything crappy - THE LOSS OF FEATURES MAKES THIS UPDATE CRAPPY!!!!

It's not always about simplifying things. I used Spotify with friends so we could enjoy each others playlists and I would like to edit my playlist if I don't like a song!

7 Replies

Hey @kimkimkimikim,

Thanks for reaching out.

Spotify has reimagined and redesigned the app on mobile. If you previously used Spotify Free on mobile (or Spotify Premium), your app might now look and function a little differently.

According to their Help site, Spotify are currently exploring different social options for the free, ad-supported service on mobile. Right now, the ability to search for and follow your friends is unavailable. Hopefully, Spotify will have more information about this soon.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I hate the new update! What can be done? The albums in "Your Library" are in some random order. I will not use Spotify again until this is resolved .  I will also be contacting their advertisers about this issue.

The friends option is very important to many users - please consider this as an urgent crisis!

The new update ruined the whole app for me.

It looked good and worked good as it was and I was finally very happy with Spotify.

Now, I hate it. Simple as that.

Why do software designers always feel they need to redesign everything?

Hi, 

Please vote for this idea. I would love to see more social features in the Spotify app!

It's really a must for such an app and I am sure it would make even better than it is.

Hope you will like it!

I Agree, the new update is terrible. my friends are gone, my profile gone too. 😫😫please help.

It's SOOOOOOOOO bad, all my friends and family say the same. They have all cancelled their premium membership and I will now too. It sucks so much, they have royally ruined a great product. Now I can't:

Can't edit or delete songs from my playlist
Can't see which songs are associated with which playlist
When searching for songs it
No access to my profile anymore
When searching for songs and artist

Suggested posts