Plan

Premium

Country 

USA

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

iOS 15.5

I am unable to play downloaded music in playlist that are downloaded from an artist radio station.  I can listen to playlists I've created manually in offline mode but "[Insert Any Artist] Radio" will not play in Offline Mode even though I've downloaded all the songs.

15 Replies

So if I'm not mistaken, when paying for premium you can download anything and play offline... Well... Just recently, I can't play any Radios offline despite of them being downloaded...

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting us here in the Community. We'd like to investigate this further as you should be able to listen to a downloaded Radio playlist while being offline.

First we'd like to suggest that you start with performing a clean reinstall of the app. There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app from your device, so if you haven't, we'd highly suggest it since the steps will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you let us know if you get the same behavior if your listening to the playlist/playlists from a different device while being offline?

Keep us posted 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hey @clayb88,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome. 

The Offline mode allows you to listen to offline music downloaded on your device. Usually, the issues playing offline music are related to cache stored in your device. We'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files that might be causing issues. 

If the issue persists, could you record a short video where we can take a better look? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it)

Lastly, include in your next response the Spotify version you're currently running to keep investigating.

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Also having this problem with downloaded 'Radio' playlists. It won't you play any songs without an internet connection even though its downloaded. You can kinda bypass this by playing the playlist while online and then switching to offline, though it stops working if you leave the playlist or change songs outside of the skip function. A clean reinstall and cache reset didn't help the issue

Hey @nsoo011,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

We'd really appreciate a video recording of the described issue. Could you post one? You can also upload it to YouTube. This way we can get a clear understanding of what exactly is going on on your end.

What kind of radio playlists are you not able to play? Artist/song radios or playlist radios? The second ones are dynamic and there are not made to work in offline mode.

On another note, could you try copying the contents from the artist/song radio playlists in a new playlist and downloading the new playlist? This should work as a little workaround. Did it work?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

The issue seems to resolved with the latest patch. But the initial problem was Spotify was able to play both Artist and Song radios offline though the song files were downloaded. The songs work from any other playlist outside of the radio playlists, such as your "Liked Songs" playlist 

Hey there @nsoo011,

Thanks for letting us know that everything is working fine now.

That's great news 🙂 We hope the issue doesn't reappear, but we remain here for you if need be. Remember to always keep your app updated, so you never miss on any fixes or new features being released. 

Have a good one and stay safe!

Kiril Moderator

I do not believe this is fixed. I am experiencing the exact issue at first reported. I have reinstalled the app, it didn’t work. I have deleted “any” radio station and

re-downloaded and it still doesn’t play unless I am connected to WiFi. As stated before, I can play it on WiFi then switch to offline mode, as long as I don’t change from that station it will continue to play. But, if I am in offline mode I unable to play any saved radio station.  I tried them all. All downloaded radio stations  show the correct downloaded symbol. This just started happening to me on July 23, 2022. 

I have the same issue, and a clean install seems to work for a while, but the issue comes back after a few days for some reason. It doesn't matter if its in offline mode or if there is no internet, it wont play the radio offline. Even if its downloaded (or re-downloaded, or rebooted) it is all grayed out. If you hit the shuffle button, it stops playing any music, and there is no song playing at the bottom of the screen. However, if I play a song from my liked songs, then add the radio to the queue (the liked songs play fine) it will go through the queue and play the radio fine. So I know the songs are downloaded and available, but the app doesn't want to play the radio. I have re-installed the app 4 times now, and I'm getting really tired of re-downloaded almost 2000 songs each time.

Hey @Vanishing,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you prepare a short screen recording of the issue and share your specific device details like brand/model and operating system?

It's also important to check the behavior of the offline radio playlist with a different account on the same device and with your account on a different device.

Are we talking about artist radios or playlist radios?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Hey @Monkeymanstunna,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

We appreciate the troubleshooting you've done so far. To continue investigating this case, it would be great if you could record a short video where we can take a better look. You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

Also, would you mind checking if the issue happens using a different device?

Lastly, include in your next response the make, model and OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

In the screen recording, I start by showing that the music is downloaded, then I put it in offline mode and try to play an individual song and shuffle with no luck
I then start some music from my like songs and add the playlist to the queue which then plays
I am on IOS 15.5 with an IPhone 12 mini and spotify version 8.7.50.416 with no available updates from the app store
It does not seem to do this on the desktop version of the app; however, I am unable to test it with other accounts
As far as playlist radios vs artist radios it does it for both

Hey there,

thanks for the recordings and device details.

We've relayed the information to the tech team.

It's not possible to share a date for an exact fix at this moment so we advise you to keep your app up to date at all times.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator

HI!

have the exact same problem. Artist Radio download, going offline, songs and playlist are shown not downloaded and not playable. IOS 15.6 Spotify 8.7.56.464

Suggested posts