Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Iphone xs max

Operating System

(iOS 12)

My Question or Issue

music starts playing whenever I press the lock button to put my phone in my pocket.

This is very annoying. It’s only when the lock screen widget is there. If I close the app entirely it doesn’t do it. 

12 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

I'd also recommend updating to iOS 12.2 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

I am also having this issue ... I have tried restarting the iPhone.

I would prefer not having to reinstall the app as this would mean having to re-download all my saved music again. (23.9GB of spotify music downloaded)

Closing the app before locking the phone is the only way to get around it

iPhone X 

iOS 12.2

I am also having this issue since the last update. On another note it has taken every single song in my library and added the rest of the album to single saved songs. Very frustrating.

As previously mentioned I fully close the app down before taking my headphones out to save my colleagues at work. That seems to work around it for now.

I’m on IOS 12.2. I restarted the phone, the issue still persists. 

Hey @Troy1004@ryansutcliffe & @Granty,

Thanks for your replies 🙂

This issue seems to be under investigation.

Please add your details and +VOTE there.

Have a nice day 🙂

Same issue. Also using an iPhone XS Max. I could be playing music and pause it or used it recently and left the app open in the background with the music paused and as soon as I press the lock button the music will begin to play again. I’ll press pause on the lock screen again but when I press the power button again the music will play again. It also won’t store my equaliser settings and I have to reset it every time I reopen the app after closing it fully to prevent the unwanted music playing. I recently upgraded from a Gold XS Max which had 64gb to a silver with one with 256gb as I needed more storage. This issue wasn’t present on the previous 64gb gold model and only appeared after updating to the 256gb model. Maybe this has something to do with it? Who knows but it’s very irritating especially after disconnecting my AirPods then turning the phone off and having music play at full volume aloud in public! Please fix this. Nothing has worked so far. 

I’m having the same issue.

With the 8.5.1 update, Spotify begins playing randomly with no user input. It often goes like this: pause Spotify, lock phone using lock button, Spotify begins playing again. I’ve tried force quitting Spotify, restarting the phone, toggling allow Spotify on lock screen all to no avail. I’m running iOS 12.2 on an iPhone X. A fix would be greatly appreciated. This bug has toasted my battery a few times already. 

Tried restarting the app and the device, didn't seem to help.

A reinstallation of Spotify seems to have resolved this issue, however.

the same thing was happening to me but it stopped once I deleted and re-installed the app

Same problem. tried reinstalling the app and restarted my phone and i still have the problem. Kinda embarassing when i disconnect my headphones in public then press the power button then my song plays.

I have this same issue. When i close out of a gaming app, my spotify will play even though don't have the app open or haven't had it open for hours. It will also start playing when i lock my phone. 

same for me 

Suggested posts