Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[IOS13][Car][USB] not able to skip a song

[IOS13][Car][USB] not able to skip a song

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

iOS 13

My Question or Issue

When my phone is connected to my car via usb I am not able to skip a song. I can start playing Spotify but as soon as I skip a song at the car stereo Spotify stops and the Apple Music app starts playing automatically. I have a Mercedes 2018 model. My iPhone 6s which ist not updated to the latest version both IOS and Spotify works properly.

11 Replies

I have been having the same issue with my BMW.  There has been no response from Spotify on any of the threads pertaining to this issue.

Same here. Ford S-Max. I have tried with Iphone SE, Iphone 8 and Iphone Xr, same thing on all of them. It works fine on my wifes Apple Carplay equipped stereo though.

IOS 13.3.1

Spotify 8.5.42

why are we left alone on this problem? not even a single reply from spotify

The only response I have seen from Spotify has been to uninstall and
reinstall. We have done that many times. That is not a fix.

Did you get a reply from spotify? Same problem, tried with iphone 11, 8 and 6 😤

I have the same issue on a mercedes a class, happened a year ago and still no solution regarding that, it’s crazy that they don’t update their app so it can works properly!

Hi folks,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

@_suckmyleftone, just to confirm, when you try to skip a song in Spotify on your car's stereo, does it close Spotify and opens Apple Music? If so, make sure that Spotify is set as the default music player on your phone and on your car's infotainment system.

If the issue persists, could you let us know if the same happens when using a different type of connection, like Bluetooth?

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi, yes I’ve tested to choose Spotify as default with Siri as there is no other option on iPhone but no luck.

the only way to make it work is either with Bluetooth or CarPlay but when I used with cable on the media interface of my Mercedes it doesn’t work at all. 
this issue is been going for almost two years now. 
if i use Deezer or sound class I can skip songs on the media interface. It’s really related to Spotify. Same things happens with other iPhones and other cable. 

Hi there @_suckmyleftone

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

If that's possible, would you mind trying to check if this is happening on Android devices as well while using the USB cable? 

On another note, could you send us a video of the issue happening so we can take a closer look? You can send a link to it or attach it using the Insert Video option in the post editor.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I’m having the same issue with iPhone, can’t skip songs from car controls with USB, what is the answer to correct this, thanks for your help 

Hi there, after so many years it’s still not working for me, even after changing phone … and after deleting Spotify  and reinstalling it again. Tested with several cables, it works with other music platforms but not with Spotify; I have stopped plugging in my phone to my car and only use Bluetooth instead which is not an ideal solution … 

Suggested posts