Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

IOS7, iPhone 4, sharing to Spotify users show empty user list

IOS7, iPhone 4, sharing to Spotify users show empty user list

On my iPhone, when I want to share a trick with other Spotify users, the user list is always empty. I have plenty of connections on my OSX client, and it has worked before on my iPhone.

7 Replies

Are you connected to Facebook?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

No, I don't use Facebook.

That will unfortunately be the issue, its not currently possible to share with non-Facebook users in the mobile applications even if you follow them in the desktop client.

Peter

Hi Peter, thanks for the reply.

Not really sure what to do now, has this bug already been filed in some kind of a bugtracker system here at Spotify?

I'm calling it a bug since it has definitely worked before on IOS, and I'm guessing if it wasn't supposed to work it would be easy to remove the button if I don't use Facebook in the UI.

At the time I did raise this as a bug but as far as I am aware the feature was removed on purpose and therefore is not a bug as such. I have however escalated (and continue to annoy the Spotify team) about this issue since it is something we get a lot of reports about!

Peter

Hi Peter, thanks for escalating the issue.

I must disagree though, I consider this a bug, as I am 100% sure it worked in the past, as I have definitely shared with Spotify contacts, and never used Facebook (I don't even have an account).

I'm attaching a screenshot for you, just to ensure we are talking about the same thing.

First screenshot, is the share screen, I click 'Spotify People'.

Second screenshot is what is show after I click 'Spotify People', and empty list.

Third screenshot shows that even though typing in 'M', which I have several Spotify contacts beginning with, nothing shows up.

Br.

Jesper

Photo 03-02-14 15.57.53.png
Photo 03-02-14 15.58.02.png
Photo 03-02-14 15.58.16.png

It is definitely the same issue, its currently the same on android.

Peter

Suggested posts