Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

IPhone 5 - Connected to same WiFi as latop - Cannot Synch Local Files from Laptop--> Mobile

IPhone 5 - Connected to same WiFi as latop - Cannot Synch Local Files from Laptop--> Mobile

Hey all,

iPhone 5 no longer recognized as a device on my laptop.  Yes both are on same wifi, both are online, restarted laptop and phone, logged in and out.

Extremely frustrating as now my local files on my laptop cannot be synched to mobile.  All i want to do is listen to between the buried and me, any takers?

4 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Are you using Windows or Mac? 

If its Windows, try disabling Windows Firewall and running Spotify as administrator (File > Exit Spotify, Right click on the desktop icon, Run as administrator). 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Sounds like a plan, will have to try it later as my mobile and laptop cant get on the same Wifi at work.

Thanks and I will let you know how it goes!

Drew

Hey Peter,

Tried connecting to the same wireless and then opening w/Run Administrator, still not recognized.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

In that case, you might need to manually open the IP addresses and ports Spotify uses in your router. I would suggest you grab the manual for instructions on how to do it!:

You can also allow the IP range and ports that Spotify is using in your firewall or router: Open the firewall for 78.31.8.0/21 and open port 4070 for TCP as well as port 80 for TCP.

/P

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts