Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

IPhone wont play tracks in correct order

IPhone wont play tracks in correct order

Ive searched all over the app but no luck.  I see the Shuffle Play button but that just randomly selects another track.  How do I play an album in its correct order on my iPhone?

Ok I found it. If you tap the now playing screen it has the options.  Feel stupid now.

3 Replies

I had not changed these.  Is it possible that this was set to 'Shuffle' by default?  If so, that strikes me as unusual.

It is set to shuffle by default and there is currently no way to change that default. I've posted in the ideas section to try to get them to change this feature.

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/iPhone-App-Do-not-play-album-in-shuffle-mode-by-defaul...

Please head over and give the post Kudos to help bring this to the staff's attention.

Man I was having this problem too. For a while I thought it was because I was controlling it via the steering wheel in my car and it was doing something silly because of that.  Don't feel stupid!  This is just some usability that needs to be tweaked on the developers end. Its not really the most intuitive way to change play modes - especially when theres a huge shuffle button at the top of the list but doesn't switch to anything but... really weird.  Thanks for the help! 🙂

Suggested posts