Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

IPod Touch 2nd Gen Wedding DJ

Solved!

IPod Touch 2nd Gen Wedding DJ

Hi, 

First post so bare with!

Ive had a Spotify premium account for a few years now, I listen to it everyday and as i'm getting married in 3 weeks I thought I save some money on a DJ and do the music myself! 

My venue has a full PA system so I'm going to put my laptop in and press play.. The only thing is we want to get married outside and didnt want to lug the laptop down to the ceremony (also full PA system outside) and thought an Ipod Touch would be easier to carry!

I bought a second hand ipod touch off ebay, the seller classed it as 3rd Gen but it is infact 2nd. I managed to download Spotify fine on to the device and sync my music.. so my question is... 

Will ios 4.0.2 be able to support Spotify for a while longer?! Im not overly worried if in a few months Spotify upgrades and ios 4.0.2 is too old to support, but I NEED to have the support for at least 3 more weeks!!

Thank you in advance!!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there! Should be good...I don't think that there are any massive overhauls coming this month or the next. Keep in mind that you're not "technically" supposed to be using Spotify for anything other than personal listening.

Congrats on the wedding! I wish you many, many happy years together!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there! Should be good...I don't think that there are any massive overhauls coming this month or the next. Keep in mind that you're not "technically" supposed to be using Spotify for anything other than personal listening.

Congrats on the wedding! I wish you many, many happy years together!

Thank you!

It is personal listening... just with some of my friends listening too! Are you not allowed to plug your device into anything other than headphones!?

They don't really go into details, but it's "Technically" only for you. It has to do with the record labels...Spotify doesn't care, but the artists and labels do because other people aren't paying to listen to their music. 

It's really NO big deal 🙂

Suggested posts