Imported Itunes playlist won't play online on Iphone

Re: Imported Itunes playlist won't play online on Iphone

oduibhir
Music Fan

Thank you again for looking at this Joe. I can confirm that I have no tracks at all downloaded to my android device. There are some songs greyed out on the android device but that's because those artists (e.g. The Eagles, Pink Floyd) aren't on Spotify.

Best,

John

oduibhir
Music Fan

A small update to my issue. I shared one of the playlists that doesn't work on my iPad with my brother. He can see all the files and can play them on his desktop system at least. He doesn't have an iOS device though.

Joe
Community Legend

Just to update you, this issue is being escalated internally and only seems to be affecting imported itunes playlists but appears to affect iOS and android devices. I've no idea how long before we see a fix so, if you're in a hurry, you could try recreating the playlists by using something like Ivy. You can feed itunes playlists to it and it will create spotify playlists from those.

Or, share them all with your brother, get him to make playlists from your playlists then you can grab them for yourself?

I know it's a pain but may be better than nothing :)

oduibhir
Music Fan

Thank you for the suggestions Joe. I think I used Ivy to begin with but I had forgotten about it.

Best,

John

oduibhir
Music Fan

Hi Joe,

Is there any movement on this issue as far as you know? I realize you don't work for Spotify but you seem to have some kind of access to them that us regular folks don't.

I've seen several other posts by folks who seem to be having the same issue. I haven't seen any resolution on their issues yet either.

Best,

John

brendastar

Hi!  This problem is happening me too.  I think it has something to do with my software update on my iPhone 5.  Have you been able to fix it yet.  I use Spotify for the very same reasons as you do.

woopop

I know this thread has been dormant for a little bit, but I just ran into this myself. I had a bunch of imported itunes playlists that played fine on the desktop client (where the tracks were linked), but not on my iPhone 5 (Spotify 0.9.1.230, iOS 7.0.4).

I found a workaround: take the imported iTunes playlist, select all the tracks, and then do a right-click, add to new playlist. Essentially copy all the tracks into a new playlist, and the new playlist should then match all the tracks for mobile streaming. Just did it with a 4000+ song playlist and only had a couple (due to my naming conventions) that didn't match. Good luck!

michaelrupp
Gig Goer

You might want to have a look at this tool: iTunes2Spotify: http://itunes2spotify.mrupp.ch

It worked great for me, you can import your iTunes playlists to spotify and the tracks are not mapped to any local files but to the ones in the Spotify library. So they will stream on any devices and not just the one where the local files are present.

There are quite some options for finetuning like comparing the durations if multiple tracks are found. If a track cannot be found, you're able to do a manual search, etc...

Check it out!

SUGGESTED POSTS