Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Importing local music

Solved!

Importing local music

Hi everyone,

I have successfully imported my local music into Spotify, but there's something I don't understand yet.

If this is called "Importing", then why does Spotify delete the song if I delete it from the stock Music app?

Shouldn't it physically copy the song to Spotify instead of just creating a sort of quick link?

Because this does not look so convenient as now I have 2 copies of the same songs and it would take more memory.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @andreags4, thanks for reaching out regarding this! You are correct in that it is essentially creating a link to the song back in the Music app. This is due to the way Apple allows access to the music library. Spotify is unable to actually move the song into the app's storage itself, so instead it just plays the app directly from the Music app through Spotify.

Using this method, it is not actually creating double-ups of the song in storage, it is simply a reference to the song back in the Music app.

Hope that clears up any confusion!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @andreags4, thanks for reaching out regarding this! You are correct in that it is essentially creating a link to the song back in the Music app. This is due to the way Apple allows access to the music library. Spotify is unable to actually move the song into the app's storage itself, so instead it just plays the app directly from the Music app through Spotify.

Using this method, it is not actually creating double-ups of the song in storage, it is simply a reference to the song back in the Music app.

Hope that clears up any confusion!

Suggested posts