Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhone Xr

Operating System

iOS 12 and 13

My Question or Issue

Hi guys ! I just bought a brand new iPhone Xr and I would like to download my playlist but i've got a problem ! When I leave the application or when the iPhone shut down, the download breaks. I need to stay on spotify with the screen turned on to download like 1300 songs :') can someone help me please ?? thanks !

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @maklesim,

Hope you are doing well. So, Spotify must be open in the foreground to be able to download songs. I know this can... be a nuisance... But, that's how it works. I think the best option for you would be to set your phone to not go to sleep. You can do this by going to your phone settings > display and brightness > auto-lock > never. Then go along with your downloads. Maybe you could set it to download while you do something else on another device or whatever you like, but Spotify must be in the foreground for the download to work. Afterwards, you can change it back to your preferred autolock time.

Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Please some help...

Marked as solution

Hi @maklesim,

Hope you are doing well. So, Spotify must be open in the foreground to be able to download songs. I know this can... be a nuisance... But, that's how it works. I think the best option for you would be to set your phone to not go to sleep. You can do this by going to your phone settings > display and brightness > auto-lock > never. Then go along with your downloads. Maybe you could set it to download while you do something else on another device or whatever you like, but Spotify must be in the foreground for the download to work. Afterwards, you can change it back to your preferred autolock time.

Hope this helps! 

Thanks I'll deal with that no problem I just would not be a personal problem c: Thanks !

Happy to help, though I realize it was probably not the answer you were hoping for! Have a great rest of your day, and happy listening! 

Suggested posts