Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

Iphone xs max

Operating System

(iOS 13)

Suggestion

hey guys as we are on this current world situation its great the you have created this feature but I cant use that with my friends, each one on his/her own house, so it would be good to enhance this just a little and let different users listen to the same song on each different device, currently it only plays the music only on the cellphone that created the session

2 Replies

Hi,

I think that the feature is meant to create the possibility for friends and family to add music which are playing from one device. It’s not intended to be used to play music for people who use different devices. Here, you can read more about the group session feature. 

A solution for you and your friends might be to create a collaborative playlist? In a collaborative playlist you can add your songs, and people with access to the playlist can add their. 

If my post solved your issue, please accept it as a solution.

Good news!

The new Group Session (beta) feature allows groups of 2-5 people to listen together simultaneously in the mobile app all online no matter where everyone is located. 💚 🏘🌎 🔊

For more info on this new feature and how to use it read the news article and the support article

You and your friends/family can now each listen to the same content at the same time on your own devices (as well as control playback). You can start a group session by sharing a “join” link via messaging apps or social media with each other. Group sessions currently support 2-5 people in the same session.

With this feature you can also control the playback of the music when everyone is in the same room like a party mode. Listen on one device and control it from multiple devices in the same room.

This feature is still rolling out, so make sure your Spotify app is up to date.

Click or tap the Connect menu in the bottom-left corner of the play screen and scroll down to "Start a group session." Then, share the invite link with your guests or have them scan the Spotify code to join the session.

Note: Group Session is in Beta, which means it’s being tested and features could change.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts