Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Individual Track Time Disappearing

Solved!

Individual Track Time Disappearing

I am desperate for help on this! I use spotify to teach spin and cycling classes, and need to have each song time displayed on the screen. It worked just fine for a while. All of a sudden now, the time disappears. It will show up on the screen for 3 seconds and then fade away. If I tap the screen I can get it to pop back up for 3 seconds until it dissapears. I need to be able to glance over and see the time at all times without taking ym hands off the bike to tap my screen over and over. PLEASE HELP

53 Replies
Marked as solution

Tap 4 times on the track time on the left as it's playing - worked for me! Just finished teaching spin on my iPhone, with Spotify with the timings on screen the whole way through

I love you!!! That worked!!!

tapping 4 times works.. but what would be better is if spotify would recognize how many people are fitness professionals who teach classes and need to be able to watch the time of the song to guide the class through the drills.  PLEASE bring back the time 24/7 rather then making me tap on it to hold it on the screen. 

Perfect! That was my exact concern.  And yes, it seems like Spotify could just build this into the playlist pretty easily.  That would be nice!

I teach spin as well and discovered in my last class the time elapsed/remaining was staying on!  I assumed it was part of a Spotify upgrade, but I must have accidentally done the "tap 4 times" thing.  Super stoked to have the time displayed again!

I tried this once. It worked. Today, the time disappeared again and the solution doesn't seem to work anymore. I tried clicking 4 times on the left, on the right, up, down...shuffle, jump, slide... HELP! 😞

I had the same problem, but I finally tapped directly on the line where the track is progressing and that seemed to work. Hope it works for you! 

@Martin1975 wrote:

I tried this once. It worked. Today, the time disappeared again and the solution doesn't seem to work anymore. I tried clicking 4 times on the left, on the right, up, down...shuffle, jump, slide... HELP! 😞

Is there a workaround while this gets resolved other than tapping? 

I’ve only had to do this once & it’s been fine ever since

Thank you! I was loosing my mind this morning at 5:30 cycle 🙂

My song times are disappering after a few seconds. I'm a spin instructor and timing drills, etc. is extremely important.

Have you tried tapping three times on the timings on the left? I only ever had to do it once & it’s been fine ever since

I did that and it’s working again. Thank you!!!!

I’ve tried tapping and no luck!!😖

Suggested posts