Country

US

Device

iPhone 8 Plus

Operating System

iOS 12.2

Spotify App Version

My Question or Issue

When I try to share a song to my Instagram story from the Spotify app, it posts without the Spotify sticker in the top left corner. It just posts a screenshot (attached below) with no way of linking back to the Spotify app to play the track. 

My phone software and Spotify app are both up to date and I have tried deleting and redownloading both multiple times. This feature used to work no problem but just stopped one day.

C6FF87EC-13FE-41BC-9242-71A84213D3A3.png
06D17760-7460-4443-ACFD-11DE0BF782CF.png

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone!

If you’re still experiencing this issue, can you make a new thread in the iOS board? We'll get back to you there.

Thanks!

Comments
JerryAng

Its all the same, i tried using different account but still no "Play on Spotify" Button when i share a song in my instagram story

Peter

Hey @JerryAng,

Thanks for getting back to us - we'll keep at it 😉

Can you confirm that the 'Play on Spotify' button doesn't show after sharing the song to your Instagram Story by sending us a screenshot of your IG Story with the shared song?

Keep us posted 🙂

Kb3395

Hi there,

I can confirm that the “Play on Spotify” button does not appear before or after posting a song to  Instagram Story. I was first alerted of the issue by someone who wanted to play the song I shared but couldn’t because the button was not there. 

Thanks

JerryAng

There it is, no "Play On Spotify" button under my instagram username

IMG_20190604_201409.jpg
Nishchxy

Same problem here... instagram is not showing "play on Spotify" when song is shared on stories

Redmi note 7 pro

Peter

Hey @JerryAng and @Kb3395,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Could you try sharing a song to Instagram Stories by clicking on the three-dot menu > Share > Instagram Stories, rather than three-dot menu > Instagram Stories, and see if the 'Play on Spotify' button appears after sharing a song to your story?

Keep us posted 🙂

JerryAng

Thats What I Usually do, still, theres no "Play on Spotify" button under my instagram's profile name and my instagram story cant be linked to spotify

IMG_20190611_221423.jpg
IMG_20190611_221436.jpg
IMG_20190611_221509.jpg
aegiel

I got just the same problem here. The link to Spotify doesn't appear after I post the story. My phone is a little old, but everything else works fine.

Nishchxy

It is not working for me

Please help

Screenshot_2019-06-14-16-15-35-161_com.instagram.android.png
Kb3395

That's how I usually do it too. Play on Spotify button doesn't show up either way.