Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Iphone 5, Chinese?

Solved!

Iphone 5, Chinese?

Hey. So i just installed the app on my phone, and it's in Chinese or some other asian language.. So how do i change this? Anybody that could look on their phone and guide me what buttons to press to change it.  

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I've got swedish there, checked it all. It's so freaking wierd... Is there any alternative app for spotfy? Just got the phone, im used to android/WP8

I've force closed the app, i've turned off the phone. Won't work. 

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hello and welcome to the community!

I have an iPhone 5 but what i can see there isn't a setting for changing language. Have you tried a clean reinstallation?

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Check album availability here

To my knowledge Spotify reads its language settings from:

iOS Settings > General > International > Language.

Is the language there set correctly (you might need to force close the app and open it again for changes to take effect).

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

I've got swedish there, checked it all. It's so freaking wierd... Is there any alternative app for spotfy? Just got the phone, im used to android/WP8

I've force closed the app, i've turned off the phone. Won't work. 

Hey!

I'm from Finlanf and I had same problem with Finnish! Spotify was in Chinese and yea, hard to use.

Try to change your phones language to British English > then go to Spotify - now it's in English. Then go back to iPhone settings and put the language back to Swedish (or what ever you want) and..! My Spotify stayed in English after that.

Hi! So a friend of mine changed my phone in to chinese, but changed back. What didn't change back, was Spotify. It's still in chinese!!! I already triede to redownload, force closing the phone, and these things. I have NO idea what to do 😞
Please help!!!

What language is your phone normally in @Anne-Sophie ?

Peter

Danish. I don't care if it get changed back to english or danish, just not Chinese!

Can you try changing the language to English in iOS Settings > General > International then:
- Uninstall Spotify
- Restart your device by holding the home and lock buttons together until the apple logo appears on screen.
- Reinstall Spotify

Does that change it to English? If so, then repeat but change it to Danish. 😉 Not sure why, but it appears to help sometimes to set to English first for whatever reason.

Peter

Hey 

It dosnt work for me?!?!?!

Mine is in danish (My iphone) And when im going to general i dont know what to do

Help me plz 😞 have just tried that that you wrote but it didnt work ;/`Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suggested posts