Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Iphone 5s dropouts / Premium

Iphone 5s dropouts / Premium

I've been using Premium for over a year on my iphone 5s, and I'm just now starting to have problems streaming.  It starts and stops quite frequently, using it on LTE in the car.  The stops last about 5-10 seconds, and then resume for anywhere from :05-1:00, until it stops again.

I've tried all the ways to plug into my car (bluetooth, AUX, ipod cable) - all seem to come up with the same issue.

I might be crazy, but one thing that feels like it helps is to shut all the other apps down - though it's still not smooth playback on Spotify, just less stops.    I have performed bandwidth tests on the phone, and all seems to be fine with upload/download speeds.  It just seems to be spotify.

I also reformatted my phone, as I thought that would solve it, but no luck.

Is it my phone, is it Spotify? Any help would be appreciated,

Eric

4 Replies

Hey there! Have you tried a fresh install of the app?

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

I'm having the same problem. I've tried doing the fresh install on the app. I've tried closing all other apps. I've logged out and logged back in. Nothing seems to work. I've connected to wifi, used just my LTE on my phone. Still, spotify is the only thing that doesn't work. It cuts out in the middle of songs but continues to show the time is going. It's extremely frustrating to deal with this while I'm working out. What are my options? 

Can you try playing it over wifi? Do you have the same problem too? Playing over cellular is based on tons of factors.

Would be good if you can do a speedtest on your phone using the speedtest.net app so you get an idea of how well the connection is going.

Also check your Settings -> Music Quality -> Sync Quality, make sure it is not at Extreme, so your 3G won't take the hit to buffer. You can try Normal and give a shot!
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

I'm having the same issues and have been for several months.  I've tried EVERYTHING including upgrading from iphone 5 to iphone 6.... here's a list of what I've tried

uninstall and reinstal spotify app - didn't work

checked settings to see if quality was on normal - it was, didn't work

confirmed that spotify was on most recent release in app store - didn't work

closed all other apps - didn't work

tried on LTE connection - didn't work

tried on WIFI - didn't work

checked WIFI connection with speedtest, 20+ MB download, 5MB Upload EVERY time - not an issue, didn't work

TRIED A DIFFERENT WIFI NETWORK, RAN A SPEED TEST - DID NOT WORK

tried resetting all network settings on iOS- didn't work

made sure iOS had latest update - didn't work

changed passwords to ensure that my account wasn't being used by someone else (even though Spotify DOES alert you if someone else is using your account)  - DIDN'T WORK!

This is absolutely ridiculous.  I'm seeing a number of other users online having the same issues.  Frankly, the spotify admins seems to be slow to respond and ask repeat questions of what users are already stating they have tried.  So, pretty much worthless.

I'm about ready to call it quits with Spotify.  I've been a Premium user for 2 years or so and I'm sick and tired of this garbage. I'm already a prime customer on amazon and am preparing myself mentally for the switch....lots of playlists to reconstruct, etc. but its looking like it's worth it at this point.  I understand that $9.99 USD per month isn't a huge amount of money but I still expect the service to ACTUALLY WORK.  I work in IT and I understand latency, bandwidth and other environmental factors can play into the quality of experience but when I've tried this many things and Spotify is NO HELP WHATSOEVER I'm not going to keep handing you my money month over month.  Step up Spotify.  This is obviously an application issue.  At least acknowledge it's a problem and DO SOMETHING.

Suggested posts