Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Iphone 6 with IOS 9.1 Spotify Sound Problem

Iphone 6 with IOS 9.1 Spotify Sound Problem

Hi Everyone, I have a Spotify sound problem with my iphone 6 with IOS 9.1. I have used two bluetooth wireless speakers separately and both of them experience the same problem. Both devices (Ultimate Ears Boom and Fugoo Style XL) had same problem that they are detected and pair but when I open Spotify and attempt to play a song, I get a large buzzing noise. When I switch to the iphone's own speaker, it plays the song. Of course, I really want to hear Spotify music via iphone to my wireless speaker so any advice would be appreciated, especially as I will leaving on a long road trip soon.  I did try reinstalling Spotify and there was no resolution. This problem just developed today, so it is puzzling. I did update everything on the iphone today as well, but again no resolution. I will try other music app's if I am not able to play music through Spotify, but I am premium player with a lot of playlists and I really want to keep this account. Thanks for your time!

3 Replies

Just to help out others that had same problem I did. If you do a soft reset of your iphone, it will resolve problem. Also of note, the ultimate ears app is problematic and I think was responsible for some of the problems. I will most likely be using the Fugoo Style XL which did not need an app to run. I was also able to get sound now through the Ultimate Ears speaker with not using their app but pop-up from iphone said it needed app to run device (though disregarding the device did run). I have listed the steps below for a soft reset. I am guessing but I think this would likely resolve problem on different cell phone. Here are the steps for a soft reset of iphone 6. After doing this reset, your device lists itself in bluetooth (my devices) and shows connected. Go to Spotify and then play your music. 🙂

A restart (soft reset) can resolve issues like continuous resetting/rebooting, device crashing, freezing, won't ring or vibrate, can't make or receive calls, device locks up, and keypad doesn't respond.

NoteA soft reset (turning the device off then back on) is similar to restarting a desktop computer and is one of the first steps in troubleshooting a device. A soft reset won't affect data on the device.

1. Press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until 'slide to power off' appears then release.
  2. Slide the Power switch right.
    NoteAllow several seconds for the device to power off.
  3. With the device powered off, press and hold the Power button until the Apple logo appears then release.

NoteIf the device doesn't respond to input or restart, press and hold the Power and Home buttons until the Apple logo appears (approximately 10 seconds) then release.

I had that problem with a brand new set of TDK Trek speakers. Rebooting the iPhone 6S+ fixed it immediately.

Hi All,

I'm also experiencing the same problem. I have an iPhone 5 and i'm using Sony SBH52 bluetooth headset. I have the latest iOS 9.1 installed.

So far restarting the phone is the only solution. It has been happening to me for a couple of times already.

Other apps can play sound/music on my bluetooth without a hitch.

Suggested posts