(iPhone XR, Iphone 12, iPhone 12 Pro

Operating System Internet WiFi

(iOS 14.4)

Internet

(Fiber 1gbps up/down)

WiFi

Ubiquiti

My Question or Issue

For over a year now my iPhone will not cast to any google home device.  I have tried mini, home, logitech smart display, and nest hub.  It will connect to them but when I try and play it usually skips a bunch of songs and if it plays a song it will only play for 10 seconds.  I have uninstalled, re-linked spotify account with google, and even gotten a new phone and the problem still exits.  

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Chikowolf,

Thanks for reaching out.

To make sure that we're on the same page, when you reinstalled Spotify, did you use this guide? We recommend that one as it's very thorough and removes any damaged files. This helps resolve most connectivity issues.

If that doesn't fix things, it's a good idea to unlink both accounts, reinstall also the Google Home app and link them anew. This support page has useful tips on this. You can also check for available updates for your google devices and make sure they're up to date.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Chikowolf,

Thanks for reaching out.

To make sure that we're on the same page, when you reinstalled Spotify, did you use this guide? We recommend that one as it's very thorough and removes any damaged files. This helps resolve most connectivity issues.

If that doesn't fix things, it's a good idea to unlink both accounts, reinstall also the Google Home app and link them anew. This support page has useful tips on this. You can also check for available updates for your google devices and make sure they're up to date.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

After going through both steps to fully delete the app and relink my Google account it seems to be working. Thanks!

Suggested posts