Iphone not showing up in devices/ Unable to sync local files anymore

Solved!

Iphone not showing up in devices/ Unable to sync local files anymore

Edited
Festival Fanatic
‎2012-02-23 05:52 PM

Spotify has for some reason (unknow to me) decided to stop syncronizing my local files to my Iphone4. (iOS5) 

When looking in my "local files" in the spotify app I can see a total amount of 111 tracks that's been synced a coupple of months before ( While on my computer i have 2048 tracks in my local files. ) Last time it worked was in januari 22/2012. 

After some further investigation I notice that my iphone no longer appears in the devices catagory. So i updated my App and re-installed spotify on my computer. Nothing changed, I made sure they were both connected to the same WI-FI.

Again, nothing changed. Tried to connect it with the USB cable, Closing down itunes or anything else that might interact with the iphone, but still no luck in syncing my local files.  I noticed that alot of people are having this problem and yet i see no moderator responces or any actually solution being posted.

Got any clue to what can solve this problem? Otherwise I'm going to have to cancel my premium subscription. :mansad:

It's really depressing when something you've paid for doesn't work like they prommised it would.  

Ninja edit by PerBonomi: Please also check some more troubleshooting options further along this topic:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod/Iphone-not-showing-up-in-devices-Unable-...

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Iphone not showing up in devices/ Unable to sync local files anymore

Music Lover
‎2012-07-27 09:52 PM

Hi all, I had been having this issue all afternoon and noticed that Firewall had Spotify blocked on incoming communications. When I removed this rule my iphone 4s immediately appeared in the devices and syncing occured. I'm not sure what happened because syncing was occuring before. Somehow my firewall settings were updated. I'm on a mac btw - I had to go to Security & Privacy settings and change my firewall options.

Hope this helps some folks. I had been searching the net for a while to get the answer

International Star
‎2015-03-29 07:14 AM

@Bobwest @lgaj6085 

The devices section will be coming back in a future update.

In the meantime:
You won't be able to see an indication in the desktop client that the device is paired with the desktop client. But as long as they both are on the same WiFi network you should be able to trigger the local files sync by toggling the offline toggle on the playlist on your device. Just make sure that the local files are in a playlist of their own so that this will work.

Matt Suda   Community Rock Star
♫ Music keeps my heart beating ♫

Music Lover
‎2016-02-16 08:52 PM

I have figured out a way to sync if you put your phone and your computer on the same wifi - even if your phone does not show up in the devices section on ur computer spotify. Create a new playlist on your computer's spotify - then add all the local music files you want to that playlist - then click available offline on your computer - then restart your spotify on your phone so that the new playlist shows up - then open the playlist and click available offline - all the local songs then download onto your phone!!!! 

321 Replies

iPhone 4 won't show up in Devices

Music Fan
‎2012-02-22 10:09 PM

I've reinstalled both the iPhone App and the Desktop Application without success. Has any had issues with spotify 'discovering' their iPhone? And how was this issue resolved?

Any tips much appreciated.

Re: iPhone 4 won't show up in Devices

Singer
‎2012-02-22 10:18 PM

I'm  not sure what might be going wrong in your situation, but to help ensure that it shows up, there are a couple of things you may need to do.  First, make sure your iPhone is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your computer.  Your computer does not have to be wireless, so long as the Wi-Fi network your iPhone is connected to can see your computer.  Then, ensure you launch the Spotify app on your phone, and it should show up in your device list before too long.  Some people seem to be having trouble synching their iPhones while using the cable, but if the above does not seem to work, you might try connecting the phone, then opening the Spotify app on the phone.

Garage Band
‎2012-02-23 07:34 PM

Same here. My iphone doesn't show up in devices. I've restarted spotify, restarted the phone. Shows up in iTunes just fine.

Festival Fanatic
‎2012-02-24 01:56 PM

was there an update or what else caused this problem?

Garage Band
‎2012-02-24 08:43 PM

Same here. Another common problem experienced by users. I've tried absolutely everything to get my iphone to appear in the device list.

Festival Fanatic
‎2012-02-25 08:18 PM

Has anyone tried on a different computer? 

ipod not showing in devices

Music Fan
‎2012-02-26 11:35 PM

my ipod is not showing up in the devices box what can i do

Re: ipod not showing in devices

Garage Band
‎2012-02-27 12:04 AM

Have you turned on Spotify on the iPod? If it's not turned on it doesn't show up. Make sure the phone screen is on constant.

iPhone 4S not appearing under my devices

Concert Regular
‎2012-02-27 03:47 PM

I have spotify on my home (MacPro running iOS5) and work (PC running Windows 7). My iPhone 4S is not recognized on either desktop client version.  I have installed and uninstalled both the phone app and the desktop version multiple times.

Any ideas?

None of my local files are syncing.  I have Spotify Premium.

THanks

SUGGESTED POSTS