Free

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 6s

Operating System

(iOS 12.1.2)

(up to date)

The app is up to date, I’ve tried deleting it and downloading again. My phone is up to date and my account is verified. But whenever I make a playlist it is automatically public and I do not want that. I try pressing the three dots on upper corner of playlist but there is no option to make it private.

FDC495BB-3054-4A98-A3AE-A538A950D040.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Dakotasparrow64,

Thanks for reaching out.

User-created playlists are made public by default, and it's currently not possible for you to make them private if you're on Free.

The good news is that you can always change the privacy of playlists on the desktop app or the Web Player. You can find a step-by-step guide on how to do that here.

If you'd like to make all your new playlists private automatically, you can also change the default settings in the desktop app.

The same support article site that I've linked above should also contain the steps for that.

Hope this helps 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey there,

If you press on the 3 dots at the top right, there should be an option in that scroll down menue that says "make secret". Let me know if that option is not available to you. 

Marked as solution

Hey @Dakotasparrow64,

Thanks for reaching out.

User-created playlists are made public by default, and it's currently not possible for you to make them private if you're on Free.

The good news is that you can always change the privacy of playlists on the desktop app or the Web Player. You can find a step-by-step guide on how to do that here.

If you'd like to make all your new playlists private automatically, you can also change the default settings in the desktop app.

The same support article site that I've linked above should also contain the steps for that.

Hope this helps 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you! 🙂

Suggested posts