Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is Spotify now called SHUFFLE PLAY?

Is Spotify now called SHUFFLE PLAY?

I can't think of any other reason why the biggest, brightest thing on the screen is now a huge green SHUFFLE PLAY button. It even stays visible yelling at me if I scroll, that's handy... umm... never?

Take a look at the screenshot at http://www.imore.com/spotify-launches-new-dark-design-refreshed-apps-boot, it's by far the most attention grabbing part of the UI, at any distance. 

A big green button app, maybe with some other stuff I didn't notice

Just bizzare.

4 Replies

Same on android - I hates it. Please vote for this idea.

I assumed once I signed up for the premium service, it would become a "Play" button.  WRONG!  Like you, I never want to shuffle my music!

I could not agree more. I understand the design for the free version where shuffle is the only option but to me it is only annoying

It is handy to have it stand out because it is the only button you can press. I think that keeping the UI consistent for free and paid users is a good thing. I can understand someone who never uses shuffle that would get annoying, but on the other hand, every other song is basically a "Play" button, so having the Shuffle button there doesn't bother me personally.

Suggested posts