Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is it possible for someone to hack an existing playlist?

Is it possible for someone to hack an existing playlist?

My wife had a very strange incident happen and it is rather disturbing. I know there has to be a logical explaination for it, but haven't been able to find one.

The playlist my wife was playing for my infant son was "Nursery Rhymes Mania!". It was playing the songs on the list and after 12:30 minutes of play, she said a random song started playing. She said it sounded like some sort of heavy metal and had a zombie as the album cover. She got freaked out so she just hit skip.

Is there a way to see what songs that have been played on your account? She's super freaked out over this.

5 Replies

Do you have a free account or a premium account?

Free accounts will sometimes play suggested songs. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Are you sure it wasn't a collaborative playlist?

Free account. But really, playing something like a Cannibal Corpse sounding song for a children's playlist?

This happened to my wife again and this time she took screenshots of the songs that came up. Nothing like before, but still very out of place for a children's playlist. The tracks are not listed. Is there anyway to report inappropriate songs?

Do not believe so.

@lickwidsnake wrote:
The tracks are not listed. Is there anyway to report inappropriate songs?

No, because there's no such thing as "inappropriate songs" in the case of what you're referring to, it just shouldn't have been playing at that point in time.

Suggested posts