Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is there a way to show album covers on your playlist like spotify free?

Solved!

Is there a way to show album covers on your playlist like spotify free?

iPhone XS

My Question or Issue

The first picture is what the playlist looks like for Spotify Free and the 2nd one is what it looks like after subscription

Is there any way to make the playlist UI look like the former? It really helps a lot finding songs with album covers showing beside them.

2721573081862_.pic_hd.jpg2711573081855_.pic_hd.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I just found out that if you add a podcast to the playlist all the album covers will show!

View solution in original post

12 Replies

UPDATE:

In early 2020 there was an update to the mobile app and you can now see album art in playlists: https://newsroom.spotify.com/2020-02-27/3-icons-to-know-in-spotify-mobiles-refreshing-new-look/

Right now Spotify does not show album covers in the "Liked Songs" section and inside of playlists for premium users. 

There are some playlists created by Spotify that show the album art next to each song, but this is limited to only a few playlists.

I am a visual person so I would like to see album art too. Hopefully they'll add an option for it in the future.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

I just found out that if you add a podcast to the playlist all the album covers will show!

You are a literal God!

A guy just found a way to do that! Worked for me

Wow! That's a really neat trick!

Does this still work for you? I tried adding a podcast to a playlist but the app won't let me.

I noticed the iOS app recently started showing album art next to each song. Hopefully they bring this to the Mac and web apps also and we won't need a "hack."

Disagree with your "hopefully"; fine concept but poor execution. They should add it as a toggleable option; a lot of people (myself included) prefer the album's name instead of the art in the playlist. That way you could choose which one you wanted and everyone's happy.

Poor execution? They show the album art. There's not much to execute.

Added a short podcast episode to playlists l have created on my Mac Air notebook and I am not seeing album art next to the individual songs. Would you please tell me what l am missing? [iPad playlists have the art]

Added a short podcast episode to playlists l have created on my Mac Air notebook and I am not seeing album art next to the individual songs. Would you please tell me what l am missing? [iPad playlists have the art]

You won't get album art to show in desktop clients.

UPDATE:

In early 2020 there was an update to the mobile app and you can now see album art in playlists: https://newsroom.spotify.com/2020-02-27/3-icons-to-know-in-spotify-mobiles-refreshing-new-look/

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts