Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is update == reinstalling?

Is update == reinstalling?

As the first step of problem solving on mobile devices is typically to reinstall the app: is updating it to the latest version functionally the same as reinstalling the app in this context? (I understand that they different versions so it’s not actually a reinstallment).

If not, could you implement a clean reinstall option somewhere in the app that transfers the username and password?

2 Replies

Hey there @dittefnatt

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out about this. 

If you reinstall the app, it updates to the latest version. You can obtain more info on how to keep the app updated here

Running a clean reinstall of the app can help to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble in the app's performance.

On another note, reinstalling the app won't affect your account meaning that you'll be able to keep using the same username and password.

If you have any questions, just let us know 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Thank you for your response!

My reason for asking the last question is that I (like many people) don’t keep login credentials written down, so reinstalling applications gets bothersome because one needs to reset the password too, and change it across all the devices

Suggested posts