Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Itouch does not appear under "Devices" on Spotify

Solved!

Itouch does not appear under "Devices" on Spotify

Now before reading my question, please note that my itouch also can't connect to my itunes due to "not having itunes 64x". That encompasses an entire other set of problems that even the people at Apple haven't been able to solve.

I just downloaded Spotify to see what all the hubub was about. I saw that it It can list ipod, iphones, etc under Devices. So I plugged my 8gb itouch in, my computer registers the connection and asks the usual "what would you like to do with this device" window. Exit that out and look on Spotify to see... nothing. No notification, no change, nothing listed in devices. I click the devices tab and it still says the same thing when nothing is plugged in.

I have no idea why this happens. Do I need a driver? Something to make it compatible? Or is something wrong on the itouch's end? Any suggestions or solutions will be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey KSGeoffroy, welcome to the Community.

Have you tried connecting over the wifi rather than plugging it in via USB? Attaching a cable will prevent it showing up under Devices.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey KSGeoffroy, welcome to the Community.

Have you tried connecting over the wifi rather than plugging it in via USB? Attaching a cable will prevent it showing up under Devices.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Got it, thanks. I feel quite silly haha.

Suggested posts