Announcements

JRE video on mobile

Highlighted

JRE video on mobile

Casual Listener
  • None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I really only listen to podcasts, never watch them. Is there a way to get JRE podcast as audio only on my phone? I don’t want to have to download video every time I want an episode

4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: JRE video on mobile

Casual Listener

The bandwidth requirements bring back the horrors of buffering.  Please offer audio only options.

Highlighted

Visitor
I download a podcast when at home so I do not have to worry about data and WiFi connection when I'm not at home.
Now the podcast stops randomly to buffer the video part, that I don't even use. I can not imagine how Spotify could have reasoned when deciding this was ok for release. It simply doesn't work! make the audio separate from the video and the problem would be solved.
Highlighted

Casual Listener
Also I have noticed, the video won’t even play when I have my VPN turned on, while other audio only podcasts have no issue with that...come on Spotify, this is not a user friendly experience!
Highlighted

Regular

i havent experienced anything buffering for years. Been a daily user of multiple streaming services and have dual internet connections.

Now that i have to watch JRE on spotify, it keep buffering and I know its not my connection...

SUGGESTED POSTS