Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Jump backward 15 seconds on lock screen

Jump backward 15 seconds on lock screen

On Spotify Free, from US.  I'm using an iPhone 8 on iOS 14.6

Whenever I'm biking I like to listen to some of your longer podcasts.  My phone is positioned to where I can access it.  When I miss an important part and want to replay it I attempt to use the Jump Back 15 seconds button on the lock screen.  More times than not when I do this, the podcast will jump back FAR MORE THAN 15 second.  In several cases I will jump back 15-45 minutes.

I can't find true rhyme or reason to this.  The best I've noticed is that the podcast will go back to the original jump off point for when I started it from the day before.  EX- if i listened to the podcast yesterday and stopped at 60:00, then today I continue from that time and keep listening, say to 90:04.  If I press the Jump Back 15 seconds button, the podcast often goes back to 60:00.

Please let me know what I'm doing wrong.  All I want to do is go back 15 seconds and re-listen.  It's darn near impossible to go from 90:04 to 60:00 and then try to manually get back to 90:04 without falling off of my bike.  I'm sure you'll agree that no one should have to divert their attention like this for something made to take nearly for granted.

3 Replies

Hey there @aloharosee

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

First up, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. 

Additionally, could you confirm that your phone's battery saving options are disabled?

Lastly, we'd suggest checking if the OS of your phone has any pending updates. 

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I followed your suggestions (reinstall, battery, pending updates) before trying again yesterday.  I experienced the same issue.

Some additional details... while listening to a new podcast I purposely jumped back 15 seconds a couple of times, landing on 20:18.  No audio issues, but the counter froze at 20:18 while audio stayed on point.  Then a few minutes later I tried to jump back 15 seconds and podcast went back to the first spot where I experimented (20:18).  This continued along the way in several other instances.  

It's like I inadvertently create a bookmark.  Or drop a pin in the podcast.

Hi @aloharosee

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Would you mind trying to log in to your account on a different mobile device and check if the persists there as well?

On another note, could you let us know if this is happening with your downloaded content or while you're streaming as well?

We'll be on the lookout. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts