Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Jumps out of my playlist after first song; starts playing random songs from other playlist

Solved!

Jumps out of my playlist after first song; starts playing random songs from other playlist

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

(iOS latest update)

My Question or Issue

I start playing a playlist by opening the playlist and hitting “Shuffle Play”. It alway chooses the first song from that playlist. But every song after that is a song not in that playlist. I can go to the song queue, while first song is playing, and see that the rest of songs in the queue are not from that playlist. This has been going on for months. I thought given time Spotify would fix it with an update, but it’s a serious problem that’s not fixed! The app is basically useless to me at this point. I may need to switch to Amazon Music.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @connon

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app? We suggest this as a first step, as it will get you the latest version of the app with all updated features.

After the clean reinstall also restart your iPhone. These steps make sure your device is synced with all contents on the Spotify servers.  

Hope this helps. Keep us posted!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

No, My computer plays Spotify songs just fine. I deleted and reinstalled the app and that fixed the problem. thanks!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hi @connon 

Do you encounter the same issue when you use another device with your account?

Marked as solution

Hey there @connon

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app? We suggest this as a first step, as it will get you the latest version of the app with all updated features.

After the clean reinstall also restart your iPhone. These steps make sure your device is synced with all contents on the Spotify servers.  

Hope this helps. Keep us posted!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
Marked as solution

No, My computer plays Spotify songs just fine. I deleted and reinstalled the app and that fixed the problem. thanks!

Suggested posts