Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

(iOS 12

My Question or Issue

After the June UI update all of my artists are gone. My songs are still downloaded and in the Liked Songs Playlist (why isn’t there a songs tab?) but all my artists don’t appear. I’ve closed the app, played music, but the artists still are gone. Is there any way to revert back? 

B05A2DE0-79D4-4E02-8AF6-6E28437E75E5.png
8 Replies

Hi Jeff,

This is actually working as intended... Only artists that you "follow" will show in the artists tab now. I don't believe there is a way to revert back at this time. 

Same issue here.  If this is an "upgrade", I'll pass because both the app and desktop are useless to me now if I want to get to anything quickly.

So for my downloaded music, I can no longer going forward see the songs and artists in my library? I have to go through each of my songs and follow the artist?

So is there no way to see liked artists?

Followed artists will be the artists that you see on the artists tab. Underneath that are "recommended artists."

Hi Jeff,

The "Liked Songs" playlist should be your complete library of songs. Unless you have followed each artist you have saved a song from previously (unlikely), the only way to see all your artists would be to go to the liked songs playlist and sort by artist. This way, you could scroll through and see each artist in your library, but you won't be able to listen to songs you have saved only by one artist without making a separate playlist of those songs or queueing them individually.

I appreciate your informative and quick response; however, this is extremely unfortunate to hear. I feel like I have lost my music collection and it has been replaced with a social media platform. Your help has been greatly appreciated but please let upper know that this is a decision that will result in me looking at other music providers in place of my premium subscription here. 

Again thank you you for your help. 

Hi Jeff,

Sorry that my reply was not what you were hoping for. I actually don't work for Spotify, I'm just another listener trying to help out when I can! 🙂 Lots of people are disappointed with various aspects of the update; hopefully Spotify takes our concerns seriously and can find a way to make the app work in a manner that works for all (or most) of us. Have a great day! 

Suggested posts