Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Just Tell Me Why.

Just Tell Me Why.

They can't be serious with the new update. Like, why? First of all, there's no Recently Played offline? That's the main section I use and I almost NEVER go online unless I'm at my computer (I have issues with that player too, but never mind that for now). Why the **bleep** would you do this? Not only that, but the biggest issue is that I can't find**bleep**. So not only do I forget the songs I was recently listening to, I can't **bleep**ing find them anyway because I have to sort MANUALLY OR WITH SEARCH throughout my entire songs library? LMAOOO. Not even an alphabet on the side that I can quickly go to? WHY WOULD I WANT TO WASTE MY OWN TIME??? And why the **bleep** is it a "Liked Songs Playlist" It's not a **bleep**ing playlist, it's my library. Put in back with Artists and Albums. Why would I want to take extra steps for something that was so obvious and user-friendly before the update? WHO ASKED FOR THIS?

Not only that, but I can't sort all artists alphabetically? Just followed artists? Do you know how many people I follow? FIVE. Everything else is a hot mess. I don't even know what order it's in because it will not alphabetize the rest. And even if it did, let me guess, I wouldn't be able to quickly go to a certain letter anyway, like it is now with """"LIKED SONGS""". 

Like...I really wanna know, who listens to music this way? I mean, that's fine if they do, but why am I being forced to use it a certain way? It literally takes several extra minutes to do**bleep**. I might as well go back to 2001 and use my CD player, because the way I listen, this makes NO SENSE. I almost always use Recently Played or Songs! Since I cannot use one and the other is a cluster**bleep**, why would I use any of this? It takes the same amount of time for me to switch from album  to album in my CD player than it does to scroll through Songs, and it would take me less time than finding anything in Albums.

Before I leave the service, just tell me why (not that I know what to go back to, because iTunes customer service repeatedly failed me and the layout**bleep** there too, but maybe it's changed since several years ago). Like what is the purpose, though? Who asked for literally any of this? Are they serious?! Tell me how they want you to listen/how they thick people listen to music. wth? What percentage chance do you think they'll fix these issues? Does anyone actually like the update?

6 Replies

I have the same issue. It's the whole reason why I made an account for the community blog. I'm so angry that they ruined their own app. When it was perfect before. This new update is ridiculous and hideous. I'm on the verge of moving to SoundCloud. But I haven't yet because they have similar problems with their Liked songs as well.

I know. I signed up just to post that, too. I'm still so upset. I moved to Apple music, and I personally don't like it compared to what Spotify used to be. BUT they do not have that Songs issue. They also currently have a free trial for a couple months (3 I think), so maybe check it out.

My main issue with Apple is about how the iCloud works and their shitty customer service. It was why I came to Spotify. But you might not have/care about these issues, so ignore the rest of this post if you don't care.

Seriously, they put my library in the Cloud automatically and I had to--and still have to--manually download every song for offline listening on every separate device. It lies by having a check mark next to 'Downloaded', but then when you try to play, either the cloud symbol pops up or you can't listen if you're not on wi-fi. So I had to click all the songs separately and wait until the cloud symbol came up. It wont let me do full albums, artists, or anything. So when they say it saves your library, they mean in the Cloud, not downloaded for offline use. 

When they made this change, no one would really explain it to me. The thing where it acts like it's downloaded but it's not seems like a bug to me, but it hasn't been fixed and it's been several years. They didn't acknowledge it. They told me to pay to take a course if I didn't understand how my device worked.

I liked Spotify because it's simply downloaded or not. Very straightforward. I don't give a **bleep** about having songs forever in the Cloud. iTunes lags because of all the downloads, and Spotify doesn't. Also, you don't have EVERY song forever anyway, because artists can take away songs/albums at any time from Apple. I had to buy some albums elsewhere and import them.

Anyway, it's still more useable than Spotify now, I guess. Now that I've wasted time situating my Apple library, I figure I need to stick it out for some time. RIP Spotify.

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a software app update that was handled this badly.  And for lots of us, we RELY on Spotify for our music.

This new UI is truly horrible.  Before, I could play THE SONGS THAT I SAVED from an artist.  Or an album.  Truly guys, it’s not too much to ask.

I filed a support incident on this, and they told me to pull up the liked song playlist, filter on an artist, then play.  Guess what, one of my artists is Train.  You know what kind of weird queue I get from “Train?”  And even when I go to an artist (having to add them as a favorite - LAME), it shuffles songs besides the artist.

Spotify, please cut your losses and revert to the old UI, which most people knew and loved.

If I were an Apple user I would probably try out Apple music, but I have Android and had to look for other alternatives. Lately I've been trying out an app called Deezer. It's kind of like old Spotify. I find it to be pretty user friendly. And the sound quality is quite good. The downloads are really straightforward.  It gives you a 15 day free trial, without putting your credit card in. Which I thought was pretty cool. So if your interested l, I think you should try it out. (Of course there are some issues I have with the app, but they are few and far between the issues I currently have with Spotify).

Thanks - good suggestion. I've thought about Tidal and Quobuz too. I just
wish Spotify would not make me leave.

I'm with ya! This is going to cost Spotify a ton of users. Do they not know how serious music fans operate? I have absolutely no problem ditching this service if they are trying to oversimplify the interface. 

It's almost like they are trying to force people only to listen to their curated playlists, which are not bad, but they are severely limiting their customer base by doing this. 

For pete's sake, it's just a basic principle when using something LITERALLY CALLED A "LIBRARY", that you should be able to SORT BY LETTER AND HAVE SOME SORT OF SYSTEM TO BROWSE IT. Otherwise stop calling it a library and using a book icon, just use a pair of dice to symbolize the random 10 minute search you are about to go on to find a song that used to be found in 10 seconds

Suggested posts