Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Just chiming in to pile on with the rest of your *paid* users who hate the new update.

Just chiming in to pile on with the rest of your *paid* users who hate the new update.

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8

Operating System

Android (latest for device)

My Question or Issue

With the last update that no one wanted, I had to jump through hoops to get to my radio stations (and still do). Now with this update that no one wanted, I have to jump through hoops to get to my daily mixes. It's nice that I can get to podcasts easily, but too bad I don't listen to podcasts. 

I'm throwing my hat in the ring with the many, many other premium users to say the latest update sucks more than the last update, and should be reverted.

Do you guys even have a UX team, and if so, do they even consult the users, and if so, do they even listen to them? This is the only major app that gets worse with each update.

-- Terribly dissapointed PAID user.

6 Replies

Agreed, not only do they have someone that designed this new update, but someone signed off on it to go live. Terrible terrible. It's like taking a step back in time and this was what the first version was like and the last version is an example of how far they'd come to make it more user friendly. It's like the developers have never heard of the concept of 'user friendly' because the new update is the opposite of that. 

so i am convinced the company is run by trolls. what better way to mess with people then to give them a good product and just keep ruining it. This latest update only made life harder. The search functions dont work, no quick scrolls, no alphabetical order anywhere whats so ever! 

the worse part is apple music isnt any better so we have no alternative. if someone just made an alternative that never changed the ui and everything was alpha numeric... that person would make all the moneys ever.

Thanks to the update, I am now involved in communicating with the community, when I should be spending my time searching for a better paid-music service! 

Tip: Outraging the community is a risky tactic to discover new ideas because it breaks the average user's trust with the company/product.

I just came here to say the update has offically lost me as a customer. I've been a paid customer since 2015. There is nothing Spotify can do to get my business back and I hope other paying customers follow suit. Spotify needs to be held accountable for screwing over PAYING customers with such a terrible product overhaul that wasn't necessary.

I've been working through migrating all of my songs, artists and playlists to Tidal this week. Once I have my library back -ON A NEW PLATFORM, I'll be cancelling my subscription as well as the other people on my family account. Good riddance. 

Hey everyone and welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Spotify recently pushed an update to the Spotify users which changes the Your Library UI and the way it works. Check this Spotify Answer to learn more about the changes to Your Library.

They're always testing and launching improvements and new features, you can learn more here why.

However, if you don't like the new look, please head over to this idea and add your +VOTE. You can always add your own input in the comments there as well 🙂

If you'd like more info on how the Ideas Exchange works, check more here.

Have a nice day 🙂

It’s so hard to get to my queued stuff. It’s like hide n seek, y’all need to fix this or I will have to switch to another streaming service. Stop switching where things are located, make it easy and accessible and keep it that way. 

Suggested posts