Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Keep getting requested to login

Solved!

Keep getting requested to login

So I upgraded to the latest update just over a week ago and noticed the supposed fix for the login issue. However, after a week at least once a day I keep getting returned to the login screen.

149 Replies

@dkenington wrote:

I agree - what a disaster.  We should complain to trading standards, as this took me two hours to work out the solution. 

I also cannot find for love nor money a telephone number to call spotify on to complain about this.  If we are paying £10 per month for the service - like I do for my mobile phone, I at the very least get someone to talk to when I have a problem, but no spotify dont seem to be able to provide this.  Its pretty shocking to be honest. 

A shame as spotify is a great idea, and I will contine with it now that you nice people have found the solution for me - thank you!

Spotify don't do telephone support, you can get in touch with the Spotify team at any time using the online contact form.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Ugh. I have this problem with my iphone5 & now I have to plough through 15 pages to find out the solution?!? I am on the free trial for the premium service.,,i hope I can sort it out before the 30 days are up. How can Spotify sell a service that doesn't function as promised?

https://www.spotify.com/us/account/set-device-password/

On this page you can get your username and set a password which works for the iPhone App.

This should be fixed now.

Community Ergo Sum

Hi - I am having the same problem, I followed the link to the Device Password setup (and I successfully did that) but I'm unable to log-in. The best way to recreat is to put (iPhone in my case) in Airplane Mode. I want to be able to log-in to Spotify and listen to my Offline playlists even when it's in Airplane Mode.

The Device username and password solution did not work when I tested it out while my phone was in this mode. Can anyone please help?

Thanks.

Hi 
The app keeps asking for my Apple ID

When I give it away it crashes

When I activate plane mode, no asking, the app just crashes

What's up? can I please have music? I paid like yesterday.....

I'm like not patient at all so could you please hurry to answer me it's not like I'm a **bleep**ing free user

I'm still getting the same issue even after the latest release. I'm using Iphone 6Plus. and i'm unable to access the page cited in the solution (set device password?) Please help this is frustrating having to login to the app every time my phone goes to sleep for too long.. 

Thanks, 

Mdot

Cant login on spotify on my iPod touch.

Forget about it. I'll just use my laptop spotify.

Suggested posts