Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Keep getting requested to login

Solved!

Keep getting requested to login

So I upgraded to the latest update just over a week ago and noticed the supposed fix for the login issue. However, after a week at least once a day I keep getting returned to the login screen.

149 Replies

guys - we are frustrated by this, but sh*t happens with software sometimes. We have someone from Spotify working on it so let's all stop with the threats of cancellation - it doesnt get things solved any quicker and frankly looks childish - if you want to cancel then do so, but spare the rest of us 

mods, it WOULD help if you could post more updates on progress and any potential ETA for a resolution. If you need beta testers for possible fixed then reach out to the guys in this thread

Don't listen to succorso, squeaky wheels get the grease. I don't believe this is a big enough issue at Spotify yet. If it was we'd have an update of some kind.

If you all haven't done so, Tweet to @SpotifyCares with the problem. I was told to DM my email address which has yielded nothing so far (no email back). Maybe ask you FB friends if they've had the same problem. This is how you affect change. They aren't going to get all spiteful and not fix it because we complain too much.

Hey thndrdan - 100% with you... not saying dont escalate - this needs to be sorted; just encouraging people retain some dignity 🙂

I had this issue, but haven't got it again with some of the last updates. Maybe like two updates ago.

Ihave the same issue - if I go offline and then switch off the iPad 2 and then switch it on again I am asked to relogin. This is really a serious bug for Premium users. I hope this gets fixed soon otherwise I am also looking for alternatives. <not amused>

Gerd

Same issue here...running ios 5.1.1 on ''the new'' ipad and fresh install of spotify since i just signed up to the premium service...but keeps asking for login credentials even when having selected ''offline'' mode...very frustrating when hoping to relax during a long flight! Please fix as it makes part of the €10 euros (yep, that's more than $10!!) I pay worthless...

Just started the £10 premium trial and this problem is affecting me too.

3GS 

0.5.5.23.g3ea51c3a

Spotify you have a great service but I will be cancelling my trial at the end of the 30 days unless this is fixed,why is this taking so long?  It's a major, major problem!  The whole point of the premium service for me is the offline mode, I just can't understand why the developers havent come up with an update.  

My daughter raved on your service but to be honest I'm particularly unimpressed by your customer support.

I am experiencing identical problems to the other users. Even if I put Spotify into offline mode, not just throwing the iPod into airplane mode, it'll still *completely* randomly prompt me for a login at the worst times ie) in minute 9 of a 8 hour bus ride. I log in using the Facebook app. *hahaha, it just happened again as I am crafting this message 🙂 Again, in spite of putting spotify into offline mode. Also agree with other users - if this is not resolved, the Premium account makes no sense and I will cancel.

iPod Touch 4th gen

iOS 5.1.1

Spotify 0.5.5.23.g3ea51c3a

if relevant, Facebook app is also latest version available

Thank you!

was solved in another thread by setting the device password in the account details and then logging in once with that device password - <amused again> 🙂

No news on this Spotify?

Whats the current state of play with this issue?

..Is there anybody there?

..does anybody care?

@Robby00 wrote:

..Is there anybody there?

..does anybody care?

Yes and yes.

Sadly, I haven't got an update for you quite yet. Top men are on the case.

Airhorn Enthusiast

I'm having this problem as well. I can confirm that Spotify only stays logged in in offline mode as long as the app remains in the device memory. As soon as I've launched enough other apps to get Spotify kicked out of memory, it requests that I login again.

iPhone 4 with iOS 5.1.1

Spotify 0.5.5.23

Thanks for your reply David, appreciate it.

Good to know the best in class are tackling this major flaw in the Premium model, shouldn't take too long if the wizards are looking into it.

Looking forward to some good news soon, (hopefully before my Premium trial runs its course anyway).

I'm getting the same problem. Iphone 4 newest iOS. Very frustrating - i keep spotify on offline mode as it drains too much of my battery with online mode, but I then have to "connect" and login before i can use spotify? DEFEATS THE PURPOSE?

I have the same problem and it's really ennoying ! I'm launching spotify everyday in the metro to play offline songs (and paying 10€/month just for this feature) with no internet connexion and it always asks me to login before listening offline sync songs, or using spotify at all. WTF guys ? Please let us use your service for what we pay for. Offline means offline, not "log in every time and play offline after".

how do you get there? I cant find the account details

Just an FYI: this issue seems to be resolved for me. Whatever you guys did, I didn't have to log in again from offline mode and the countdown timer ("x days left") also displays the correct number of days instead of just "-". So far, so good.

Tvsch, for me, the countdown timer has always been accurate...but it hasn't mattered. I'm still prompted for a login at random times. Stay on the case, David, please! It's maddening!

SAME SAME ...

Please resolve this ... as I was unable to access my offline playlist in the Eurostar the other day .. no connection ... and still disconnected from the service / login window poping up

Premium subscriber

Model - iPhone 4s 32GB

Devices OS - iOS 5.1.1

Mobile Spotify Version - Latest (0.5.5)

This post has been open for 4 weeks!  I'm seeing some posts on the Android forum that seems to point to similar issues.  I had the issue for at least 5 weeks now.

I am calling BS on the comment of "the top people are working on it."  Either those top people are high-schoolers or they are not really giving this much attention.  

Just come clean Spotify - are you removing this feature?  Waiting for the next iOS to fix it?  What??  Just roll back your code to an earlier version that was working.  Or give us the ability to use that older version.

https://www.spotify.com/us/about/features/offline-mode/

I call the above description false advertising...  take a feature away for over a month (in which you have happily accepted money from users) then it shouldn't be allowed to be promoted like that.

Suggested posts