Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Keep getting requested to login

Solved!

Keep getting requested to login

So I upgraded to the latest update just over a week ago and noticed the supposed fix for the login issue. However, after a week at least once a day I keep getting returned to the login screen.

149 Replies

I agree, It's getting close to where I think Spotify should be thinking of extending all existing Premium memberships by a free month.  I'm only trialling Premium so I can just cancel, but if I where paying for this I'd be really peed off by now.

A proper, in depth, techie explanation why this has taken so long should be made ASAP.

A simple post only takes a minute or two.  I can never understand why companies fail to keep their customers regularly updated.  Lots of us take the time and bother to moan about the problem and all we want is an honest nonsuperficial, developers reply.

No update and no apology and no compensation (for existing members) doesn't make me like Spotify very much.

Well guys, I contacted Spotify support directly about this... asked for a timeframe or a refund and this the response I got....

Hey there,

Thanks for getting in touch with Spotify.

We're sorry to see you are having a few problems with your mobile device.

We are aware of this issue, but unfortunately were unable to provide a timescale on this issue for you.

At this time we are unable to offer any compensation.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

So according to Spotify we are all SOL....cancel away....

I have subscribed to spotify premium and am very upset that I can't log in through the app on either my iPhone or iPad. It says my password or username is incorrect, but it is absolutely correct. I can log in through safari with no problem. I have also tried to log in through Facebook but it won't let me do this either... It says spotify cannot connect to Facebook. Numerous times I Have deleted and reinstalled the app, logged in and out of both Facebook and spotify, and even restarted both my iPhone and iPad. I am very upset that Ia clisten get the service I have subscribed to. Thanks in advance for the help!

Sort of sad that Spotify would take this approach, I thought they were, well you know, just different.  More consumer sided, but hey i suppose power corrupts.

I've had loads of problems tonight just trying to start the Spotify app on my iPad, keeps asking me to sign in with my Spotify details which I don't have, I use my Facebook details.

One really spooky thing - which I've never seen ANY app do before - is it corrupts the Apple iPad virtual keyboard as I try to type in anything in the Spotify login fields.  That seems to smack of development problems at a pure basic level.  Makes me a bit wary of the Spotify app on my iPad.  Thought something very wrong was going on, glad in a way that Apple lock the IOS down so strongly.

Excited when I saw an iPad app update today that promised to resolve the connectivity issues - updated.........but still the same.  If I'm in offline mode and disconnected from the net, there's just no way I can listen.

Come on you wizards, is this rocket science?  Can't the app just realise you're in offline mode and within the 30 day limit and so just run?  Is there something I'm missing here?

Enough is enough: I'm going to unsubscribe from my Premium subscription and change my AppStore evaluation 😞

Same here for my 4S. Installed the 0.5.6 update and no luck. Uninstalled Spotify and Facebook. Reset device. Reinstalled both. Same issue. I mark playlist as offline and let download complete. Turn on offline mode and verify songs are there and able to be played. Go to home and close Spotify from task tray. Reopen app and cannot proceed without logging in.

I won't cancel my Premium subscription anymore: I wrote to @SpotifyCares onTwitter and, to my surprise, they were very responsive and helpful!
Now the app works offline again!
Thanks @SpotifyCares!
Marked as solution

I also got a response from @SpotifyCares and it was  helpful.  However, I realized that they may have already implemented a fix for this as I was following their directions.

Try this everyone...

Login to Spotify and go here: https://www.spotify.com/us/account/set-device-password/

Note: You can also get to the above link by going to your profile in Spotify.

You'll need to use the device ID that they give you (can't figure out how to change it), and you'll need to click the button to send you an email, which gives you another link that allows you to set your device password.

Tip: save your device username in Notes on you iPhone so you can copy/paste.

Now in the Spotify app on your iPhone don't login using Facebook but login using your Spotify details (the device UID and password you set earlier).

And NOW - offline mode works as expected!  I'll take this as the new way they are implementing offline mode.  A bit bass-ackwards in letting us know but I'll certainly take it.

Getting a username and password from https://www.spotify.com/us/account/set-device-password/ solves my issue. Thanks for taking the time to post this, thndrdan! Already killed the app and launched it again five times in offline mode to be super sure.

Yikes! It works!  

Nearly fell off the chair when the app actually ran......offline!

Thanks dude, appreciate you taking the time to find out and post the fix,  (though what a cludgy workaround!....how am I going to remember that user i.d.!)

(Call me grumpy, but wouldn't it have been nice if somebody connected with Spotify couldav  explained all this.) 

Thanks thndrdan! Not sure why Spotify didn't tell me this trick??!!  It works fine, and yes its a little clunky, but hey it still works.....

Spotify, why didn't you tell us?!!?!?!  

Hey all, we're glad to see that this method is helping some of you get logged into your accounts.  However, we should just state that we can't recommend using this method as it could create some account problems in future.

To be extra-clear, this certainly isn't the 'new method' for logging in offline. Logging in with your normal details should always work - there just appears to be a bug in the app at the moment preventing this from working as it should.

Let us know if you have any further questions about this. Hopefully we'll have more info to share on this soon.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Richard,

Can you explain what account problems it could cause, so we can better understand what the risks are?

Thx

I've been monitoring this thread for the best part of a month. I'm glad this, all rather clunky, fix works, but I would also like to know why this have being doing this.

My monies on the fact that Facebook re-wrote their app recently and so spotif is having to re-address the login procedures?

Same problem here with ipod touch am iOS 5.1.

I've been having problems with Spotify asking me to log in via Facebook, everytime I set it to offline mode and either lose internet connection or close the app.

I saw this solution on a thread in the Accounts/Subscriptions forum, and thought it more appropriate if I post it here in the iOS forum, as it's mostly a bug on iPhones.

All you have to do (from memory) is log into Spotify (on laptop or through safari/chrome on iPhone) and go here: https://www.spotify.com/us/account/set-device-password/

They'll issue you a random user id, all numbers in my case, and ask you to click a button to send a password to your email.

Once you receive the email, you just use the login and password to log in to Spotify on your iPhone, instead of by Facebook.

This should at least fix the constant pop-up reminders! And remain in offline mode.

Let me know if this helps anyone 🙂

- Summa

Yes im getting this too. Using my iPad i subscribed to a couple of playlists and downloaded them. I then left for the weekend at a place with no Interet connection and I found that Spotify asked me to login, which of course I could not.

Really F'n annoying!

I'm gonna cancel my subscription because of this. I paid for offline and Spotify cannot support offline so I want a refund but you can bet your life i'm not gonna get one.... i'm still waiting for a response to a service request from 2 weeks ago relating to the fact that I signed up for the 1 month premium preview and they gave me 48 hours.

Terrible service. I won't be reccomending Spotify to any of my friends thats for sure. 

This URL does not exist anymore!!!

If anyone else has a solution i'd appriciate it.

ive got 40 hours of flying over te next 11 days so offline mode working would be great.

Suggested posts